Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
Glad it went well for you Sportpix. Shame it's dark, you're going through some lovely countryside and Funcheira station is gorgeous.
Thank you. Despite opting for a single seat I’m in a double and one which has the seat in front facing me, so I’m playing footsie with the person opposite. I forgot to mention, don’t forget to take a pen. So many people were asking to borrow one to fill in the form … alcohol seems a long way off …
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Organised Knickers.

Always have a pen, hanky. note pad......
Old Nov 4th 2022, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

Hi ouriquejan. well done you for managing to change the appointment. Was it just a choice of Faro or Beja?
I just tried the logging out you suggested but it's just the same, no checkbox by my name. Even tried a different browser but no luck. Did discover I can cancel my request for the resident card but am loathe to do that and we're supposed be able to just cancel the appointment and reschedule - as you did.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

1Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sportpix
If you come by train and need a pee do so on the train as the loos at the train station cost 50 cents to enter. I’ve had wet feet since I walked out of the station.
I thought this was funny, I know you probably meant that it was the rain and I have interpreted it wrong? Sorry for my wicked sense of humour.

Old Nov 4th 2022, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Steve
I thought this was funny, I know you probably meant that it was the rain and I have interpreted it wrong? Sorry for my wicked sense of humour.
Ahhh. I can see how this looked odd/strange/funny. Yes, I got wet feet because of the rain, not my aim, which is probably a few degrees off anyway. Trying to save a penny to spend a penny, if you know what I mean.
Old Nov 5th 2022, 11:06 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Update following our appointments at SEF office Lisbon yesterday...
Previous suggestion to take a print out of the appointment page was a good one. Don't be shy at the door, make your way through the crowd, they're there for other things and don't have appointments. Show the appointment printout to the security guard on the door to gain entry. Get a ticket from the lady on reception then wait to be called. As described in an earlier post, you get given an A5 piece of paper to fill out while you wait (take a pen), Name, Mother's name, Father's name, Passport number, NISS (social security if you have one), NIF, NUS (SNS Utente), Address. Only passport was needed, no other documents are requested or needed. We waited for number to be called for about 45 minutes, once called it took 10 minutes. At end, instructed to log back onto Brexit portal in 2 days, click on Euro symbol icon to get payment details. Card should arrive within 2 months but more usually 2 to 3 weeks by post.
Old Nov 6th 2022, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

He only had Beja, for the appointment, once I'd cancelled and re-did the application form.

For some reason, only part of our address had changed on his application, the last bit was still Fuzeta, hence him having Faro.
Old Nov 8th 2022, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

Thanks ouriquejan. I've written to sef again, asking if my appointmant has been cancelled as it's still there on their site.