Water problems

Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Michele Griffiths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Water problems

Hi everyone, I`m new to this forum and haven`t got much clue what I`m doing! We have a house in Estorninhos, 20 mins from Tavira which we visit as many times a year as we can get away. We always seem to have a quirky problem to deal with genrally involving the water supply, we have a borehole. We visited last week to find we have problems with the water flowing - there was nothing coming out of the tap when we arrived then suddenly it started up for a few hours then went off again. We called the plumber in who said there was an alarm saying no water which either meant there was no water or the sensor is faulty. Would be surprised if there is no water as the neighbour`s is fine. We found that it we switched the electric off for a while it kick started it enough to get the water flowing for a while. The problem is our plumber doesn`t know much about boreholes. Does anyone know of a borehole person in the Tavira area, or should we be contacting an electrician? They would have to speak English I`m trying hard with Portuguese but it is still limited to very very basics. Hope someone can advise. Thank you!
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all
Default Re: Water problems

Hi Michelle. Do you have a holding tank that the borehole pumps in to? If so, does it have water in it? If it has water then the problem may be the booster pump to the house. Can you switch the borehole to manual to see if it pumps? For a professional you could phone Brian Carter at Aguarapida24. He not in Tavira but does work all over the Algarve. Don't think I'm allowed or post his phone number but if you google Aguarapida24 it shows up on the contacts page. J
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the capacitor or pressure sensor - had the same problem , do you have a pressurized pump or straight to house?

Best bet is to check out the water and machinery place , one nearest you is in Moncarapacho which I can never find or on the 125 in Tavira is another - any of those will know a proper bore hole plumber/electrician.

Tavira - Algarsilva. Will have anything you need including a contacts.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jonny, we don`t have a cisterna just a tank in what we call the pump room (just a hole in the wall!) where the water gets pumped then goes into the house. I think when we turn the electric off and on again we are getting just one tank full of water but it is not refilling until we turn the electric off and on again. Thank you for the contact, I wall give him a call before our next visit and see if he has any ideas.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the reply - I`m not sure how it all works TBH just knows it goes from the borehole into a tank then into the house, think the only pump is in the borehole. Thanks for the contact ideas, I`ll look them up.