Reload this Page >

Applying or permanent reidency

Applying or permanent reidency

Old Jan 25th 2017, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

league is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying or permanent reidency

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply for residency what is the procedure, and what documents are required and are there any forms to fill in?
i know that you have to phone up for an interview but what do I need to do beforehand before I phone for a appointment.

Any suggestions or help appreciated is there any information on the web?
I have looked on the seff website there is a form but confusing as in Portuguese
Any help appreciated.

Regards league
Old Jan 25th 2017, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying or permanent reidency

You don't say what passport you have but assuming a UK or other EU passport then you just need your passport & fiscal document, a few euros & your address here.

I'm sure it varies from area to area (as many things do here) but in my area, there is no need to book an appointment.

You need to go to the Camara appropriate to your area & the first residencia is for 5 years....... After which you have to go to the SEF office appropriate to your area and get a 10 year residencia.

Some areas (Penela for example) sometimes ask for proof of income or financial security but this is not a legal requirement.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for the info maybe I did not put enough info ,I hold a UK passport as UK citizen.
I have already have temporary residence for the last 5 years I want to apply for permanent residence I know I have to apply to seff wanted to know what info I need before telephoning for an appointment.

Regards league
Old Jan 25th 2017, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

OK........ So forget telephoning for an appointment as they'll probably hang up or not answer at all.

You need to email the office appropriate to your area & ask for an appointment & a list of required documents.

We've just done it in Leiria & they wanted fiscal document, proof of address, passport pics & €15 per person & it took 20 minutes for the 2 of us.

Our appointment was for 1000 hours & they called for us at 0955 hours.

Oh & they also need parent's names.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 7:38 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Hi league.

Just to add to mfesharne's post, hope this helps a bit, too (I'm hoping it's the SEF page you were looking at in their English version. If it doesn't appear as such to you, give us a shout):

Portal SEF
Old Jan 26th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again,

I have checked my documents I have only the atestation I received from the local camera 5 years ago I have contacted seff they request my residence permit number or visa I cannot see one on the atestation form is this form the same as temporary residence?

Not sure now if I have residence even temporary how to proceed now if that is the case any help appreciated.

Regards league
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Update to previous message I have found a certificate of citizen of European union but dated 2015 not sure if this document is a permit or not.
Any help appreciated

Regards league
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

You should have got your initial 5 year Residencia from your local Camara about the same time as you got your Atestado from your local council & I doubt very much that SEF will give you the 10 year permit without it.

As there seems to be confusion, I'd be inclined to go to your local Camara, show them your Atestado & passport, explain the problem & ask what you need to do.

If they're anything like my local offices, they'll try their best to help & either give you a backdated Residencia or issue a new 5 year Residencia from the date you explain your problem.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by league
Hi,
Update to previous message I have found a certificate of citizen of European union but dated 2015 not sure if this document is a permit or not.
Any help appreciated

Regards league
My initial 5 year Residencia is entitled:

Republica Portuguesa

Certificado De Registo De Cidadao Da Uniao Europeia

And it has an embossed stamp on it.

My Atestado is entitled:

Atestado De Residencia
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Checked the certificate it is the same embossed with stamp although valid only till till 2015 is this going to be a problem?

Regards league

Originally Posted by mfesharne
My initial 5 year Residencia is entitled:

Republica Portuguesa

Certificado De Registo De Cidadao Da Uniao Europeia

And it has an embossed stamp on it.

My Atestado is entitled:

Atestado De Residencia
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by league
Hi,

Checked the certificate it is the same embossed with stamp although valid only till till 2015 is this going to be a problem?

Regards league
It's certainly not going to make things easier for you........ I'd say you've got two options.

You can either come clean with them, apologise & explain you just forgot to renew & what do you do now......... Or you can BS them & say you've been in the UK and then decided to come back.

Of the two, I'd personally choose the former option firstly because you actually have the right to reside anyway & secondly if you try to BS them & the realise what's going on (and they probably will) they'll then make life more awkward for you.

I'm sure you're not the first to make the mistake & my guess is that if you come clean they won't give you more than a bit of a telling off.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for the replies
Will take 1st option and explain as best way forward.

Regards league

Originally Posted by mfesharne
It's certainly not going to make things easier for you........ I'd say you've got two options.

You can either come clean with them, apologise & explain you just forgot to renew & what do you do now......... Or you can BS them & say you've been in the UK and then decided to come back.

Of the two, I'd personally choose the former option firstly because you actually have the right to reside anyway & secondly if you try to BS them & the realise what's going on (and they probably will) they'll then make life more awkward for you.

I'm sure you're not the first to make the mistake & my guess is that if you come clean they won't give you more than a bit of a telling off.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:43 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear here - there is no legal requirement for EU citizens to apply for this permanent resident card and no sanction for not doing so. The initial registration, yes but not this one

I was told as much when I got mine and I have also checked out the relevant law.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for the replies I will just
go ahead and make the appointment and see what the response is I get back from sef
Regards league

Originally Posted by Red the Eric
Just to be clear here - there is no legal requirement for EU citizens to apply for this permanent resident card and no sanction for not doing so. The initial registration, yes but not this one

I was told as much when I got mine and I have also checked out the relevant law.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Red Eric

I'm not even sure the initial registration requirement is legal but certainly agree the others are a mickey take but that's Portuguese bureaucracy for you! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.