Wikiposts

Tavira Help

Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:19 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavira Help

Useful inormation. It turns out I had already bookmarked the company so I must have seen it mentioned in another thread or another site.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:08 am
Just Joined

mars123 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just bought a place in cabanas. i am going out in july. bringing two 17 year olds could please tell me where good night life. i know they will have to go to tavira.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Tavira Help

Theres Ubis and Bubis ( sounds like a comedy act, pronounce the U as ooooo ) is the local disco and bar in Tavira which is opposite the BP petrol station and I think there is another disco off the 125 between Cabanas and Manta Rota. That is about as much info as I can give you as nightlife to me is managing to stay in a bar till midnight.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

aaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really nice

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Who did you use to ship over your stuff? Did you pack it yourself or did they do it for you?

hey tavira trog we used a company caled new concept removals, we packed our own stuff they came and put it on there lorry drove it over here. we practicaly had a three bedroom house drove over. we was charged £100 collection fee and then £95 per cubic metre. stuff left on tues and was delivered to my frontroom on the following wednesday. they are based in almancil and have storage units there. on a price scale our stuff packed out a luton van and we paid £1200. hope this helps.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

teddy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mars123
i have just bought a place in cabanas. i am going out in july. bringing two 17 year olds could please tell me where good night life. i know they will have to go to tavira.
I can vouch for Ubi, in tavira next to the bridge closest the sea (looks like a disused factory with a big car park), its a great night in there, been a few times over the year, best in july and Aug, but its a good fun all year round. Apparently its also worth renting a tent and spending a night on Ilha de tavira, but ive never done it myself.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thurian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mars123
Night life in Cabanas??????????? you must be joking, thats its beauty. there is a couple of late music bars and when were there in march the old PIANO BAR was being converted to an "IRISH" bar, there goes the neighbourhood.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:33 am
Just Joined

robertomartins is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
just wondering if anyone can help i have been going to cabanas tavira for about 4 years know and am dying to eat traditional portuguese food unfortunatly some of the restaurents have become very tasteless fast food like pedro's in cabanas.
last year i found take away called argentina near lidl that does traditional cusine at a fraction of the price ,does anyone know any more? restaurents or takeaway
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thurian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teddy14
Hi, I have just bought property in Tavira which is unfurnished. I wondered if anyone could recommend any near by furniture shops preferably which deliver, I require beds, sofas, tables and outside furniture etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hi furniture place on main road between Tavira and Conceicao (on the right about 1k from Tavira) I think its called Moviflor, we bought most of our furniture there, very reasonable, "free" delivery and delivered almost to the hour they said they'd deliver.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

gadget66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teddy14
Hi, I have just bought property in Tavira which is unfurnished. I wondered if anyone could recommend any near by furniture shops preferably which deliver, I require beds, sofas, tables and outside furniture etc.

Thanks in advance.
Dear Tavira Help,

We used easy-furniture in Almancil to furnish our apartment in Cabanas, the furniture is good quality and the prices were more than 20% less than the quotes we had from other companies.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

ptmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the below..on the left hand side just before reach Monte Gordo.Very helpful....doesn;t look much from the outside but a good size store....we
have on order (since October) a double bed (lifts up and great storage space)
dining table & chairs,matching coffee table... .
Good quality furniture at reasonable price

Santos & Faustino
Estrada National 125 Hortas
8900-112 Vial Real De Santo Antonio
tel:281 543537
Fax:281 513255
E-mail:[email protected]
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Richardh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katieabi
hi
i might be able to help you i have set up a business over here in portugal helping and arranging property managmentwithin the eastern algarve, i deal with all types of shopping and we also deal withadvertising and renting your property out and deal with looking after your property whilst you are in the uk. if you need any assitance please feel free in contacting me
katie
Hi Katieabi, I am looking to rent a property other than a flat, in or just outside Tavira for at least a twelve month period, perhaps you could email me to discuss any suggestions, thanks.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Alan and Lesley Whittle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Re furniture, we've set up 3 places around the Tavira area over the last four years so, we've done a fair bit of hunting around, Sofa VIP in Olhao have been great, as have Conforama in Guia, both deliver!
You may need outdoor furniture as well, best to go to Leroy Merlin at guia, also try the shops and garden centres on both sides of the road approaching it.
Don't forget Ikea at Seville, it's just off the main road on this side of Seville and they deliver into Tavira.
good luck.
Alan.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alan and Lesley Whittle
Hi, Re furniture, we've set up 3 places around the Tavira area over the last four years so, we've done a fair bit of hunting around, Sofa VIP in Olhao have been great, as have Conforama in Guia, both deliver!
You may need outdoor furniture as well, best to go to Leroy Merlin at guia, also try the shops and garden centres on both sides of the road approaching it.
Don't forget Ikea at Seville, it's just off the main road on this side of Seville and they deliver into Tavira.
good luck.
Alan.
We bought some from Ikea too...I nearly lost the will to live..assembling furniture in 25 degrees plus is no fun! and the beds only fit Ikea bedding... they are a unique size
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Alan and Lesley Whittle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Encodeme, You may have a point there, we didn't buy beds up at Seville but, got lots of generel household items, the beds we bought were from Sofa vip and Conforama.
I know what you mean about working in the heat, we had 13 days decorating in July, phew! no fun is it? but I lost about a stone in weight!
going back 31st december to paint outsides, weather permitting?
regards,
Alan.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alan and Lesley Whittle
Hi Encodeme, You may have a point there, we didn't buy beds up at Seville but, got lots of generel household items, the beds we bought were from Sofa vip and Conforama.
I know what you mean about working in the heat, we had 13 days decorating in July, phew! no fun is it? but I lost about a stone in weight!
going back 31st december to paint outsides, weather permitting?
regards,
Alan.
Have a wonderful time (don't work tooo hard) and don't miss the New Year celebrations in Tavira....not my tip but one from Joao. There's no doubt the Portuguese know how to do fireworks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.