Skin doctor

Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Skin doctor

Hi,

My skin needs to be checked regularly with respect to former skin cancer. I am still insured in Spain, but I need to wait 8 months to see a doctor. When I was in France, I tried to see my skin doctor but I need to wait 4 months.

So why not visit a good skin doctor here in a private clinic somewhere between Lagos and Albufeira? Preference Portimao, Alvor or Lagoa.
Any ideas? Any experience?

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2017, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Skin doctor

That's disgusting having to wait that long even in a state hospital never mind a private one.
I had pre-cancerous skin lesions removed within 30 minutes of walking into our private hospital.
My wife had a 2 week wait to start her 7 weeks of daily cancer treatments in a state hospital.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou
Hi,

My skin needs to be checked regularly with respect to former skin cancer. I am still insured in Spain, but I need to wait 8 months to see a doctor. When I was in France, I tried to see my skin doctor but I need to wait 4 months.

So why not visit a good skin doctor here in a private clinic somewhere between Lagos and Albufeira? Preference Portimao, Alvor or Lagoa.
Any ideas? Any experience?

Thanks
I have been recommended to Dr.Andre Laureano based either at Gambelas Hospital in Faro for consultation and the private hospital in Alvor where he actually does treatment. Friend speaks highly of treatment to remove moles,etc. Just haven got round to making the appointment.

https://www.grupohpa.com/en/medical-...s/dermatology/
Old Nov 16th 2017, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

My OH likes the dermatologist at the private hospital [hospital particular] in Alvor.
A lot of locals go there to beat the long wait times at the public hospitals.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Do you think I can go to the private hospital in Alvor and ask for an appointment with Dr.Andre Laureano?
I don't mind to pay 100% of the bill, unless it is extremely expensive.

I am afraid to wait until I will be insured here in Portugal in February, because I know I need a kind of treatment.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think I can go to the private hospital in Alvor and ask for an appointment with Dr.Andre Laureano?
I don't mind to pay 100% of the bill, unless it is extremely expensive.

I am afraid to wait until I will be insured here in Portugal in February, because I know I need a kind of treatment.
Of course and I do no think it will be excessively expensive. The web in english why not just ring the hospital and ask.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Of course and I do no think it will be excessively expensive. The web in english why not just ring the hospital and ask.
Thanks!
I prefer to go to Alvor, because I am almost every day in Portimao / Alvor.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks!
I prefer to go to Alvor, because I am almost every day in Portimao / Alvor.
Let us know how you get on
Old Nov 16th 2017, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Let us know how you get on
I will let you know.
I am not very brave to go to a new clinic during our house-hunting period. It needs a couple of days I think .....
Old Apr 12th 2018, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will let you know.
I am not very brave to go to a new clinic during our house-hunting period. It needs a couple of days I think .....
I had an appointment with Dr Andre Laureano. I was impressed. The best dermatologist I have seen.
My first experience with the Private Hospital in Alvor and I did not have the feeling I was in a hospital.

Very positive!!
Old Apr 12th 2018, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I had an appointment with Dr Andre Laureano. I was impressed. The best dermatologist I have seen.
My first experience with the Private Hospital in Alvor and I did not have the feeling I was in a hospital.

Very positive!!
That is great news !