Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Selling full house contents

Selling full house contents

Old May 3rd 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling full house contents

Originally Posted by lillymg
Thought we were going to buy another property but unfortunately this has fallen through. We have furniture etc in storage but need to dispose of. Does anyone out there <snip> know where we can sell the items.
If you are Algarve House2House, not far from Loule offer a service.

House2House - High Quality Used Furniture
Old May 3rd 2018, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Like others I have only ever tried the Classified section once and found nothing local to Portugal. Perhaps a Classified section linked to the country that is being used now that would be a great help.

Peter
Old May 3rd 2018, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

tonisdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riv
I understand that the rule against ads exists and whoever creates / maintains the Forum is perfectly entitled to set their own rules.
What I find difficult to understand is what the purpose of the rule is, exactly?
What harm would arise from there being a section ( within the Portugal pages ) in which people could, if they wished, offer to sell / buy / give away used items ?
I see there is a generalised classified ads section but it is totally useless as it has no geographical separation.
Jus' wondrin'
I think you find on this site there is a lot of, "it`s our playground we were here first"...If your post does not suit/agree with their agenda bang it`s gone.
Remember the kid at School...It`s my ball if I`m not centre forward I`m going home?
Completely agree with you, while nobody wants an ad mag taking over, a section relative to selling/buying/giving away/anybody got in a Geographical area surely could cause no harm, after all there appears to be a moderator patrolling here 24 hours a day to jump on naughty people.
There again it`s not my ball.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonisdad
I think you find on this site there is a lot of, "it`s our playground we were here first"...If your post does not suit/agree with their agenda bang it`s gone.
Remember the kid at School...It`s my ball if I`m not centre forward I`m going home?
Completely agree with you, while nobody wants an ad mag taking over, a section relative to selling/buying/giving away/anybody got in a Geographical area surely could cause no harm, after all there appears to be a moderator patrolling here 24 hours a day to jump on naughty people.
There again it`s not my ball.
There's a place where you can make suggestions for the site http://britishexpats.com/forum/site-feedback-63/

I don't understand your 'agenda' comment. The moderators apply the site rules, which are there for everyone to read. They're also just ordinary people who've been through the immigration process, and in an effort to help others they work hard in a voluntary capacity to make BE the great, free immigration/visa/country resource it is.
Old May 4th 2018, 1:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonisdad
after all there appears to be a moderator patrolling here 24 hours a day to jump on naughty people.
I've no idea but I'd like to think this is meant to be humour? Mods are users who have been asked by Admin to help make sure the forums flow, that people aren't being complete tools to each other, that spammers are knocked back as soon as possible so the users don't get too irate about finding posts in amongst their stupid free passport ad style threads, that when people have problems one or two of us are hopefully around to help. We've just been around a while, most of us have migrated somewhere and know the process. We're all over the world so all offer our time,free of charge, at random times of the day or night. We honestly have better things to do - real life, jobs, family etc - than patrolling or jumping on naughty people (whatever they are). We just want to enjoy BE as much as anyone.
Old May 4th 2018, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Does the Classifieds section no longer work? Top of the page, blue tool bar, right underneath the 'com' bit of British Expats .com.
I think people have been trying to point out that it's not very effective; it's too broad in its remit and therefore not very practical. A Classified section per country would certainly be a whole lot more navigable. If things are too difficult to use, they don't get used.
Old May 5th 2018, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Here is Rule 9 for you to read and adhere to.

9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service/Facebook group etc. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

Rosemary
Rosemary.. Can you tell me why then the new forum is now inundated with adverts?... I am
Old May 5th 2018, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
There's a place where you can make suggestions for the site http://britishexpats.com/forum/site-feedback-63/

I don't understand your 'agenda' comment. The moderators apply the site rules, which are there for everyone to read. They're also just ordinary people who've been through the immigration process, and in an effort to help others they work hard in a voluntary capacity to make BE the great, free immigration/visa/country resource it is.
Old May 5th 2018, 8:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Rosemary.. Can you tell me why then the new forum is now inundated with adverts?... I am
I take it that you mean the legal paid for adverts that are financing the forum in order to maintain it. Without these finances the forum would not exist. Rule 9 is about members using the forum to advertise not about the business side of the site.

Rosemary
Old May 8th 2018, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Does the Classifieds section no longer work? Top of the page, blue tool bar, right underneath the 'com' bit of British Expats .com.
I have just spent 5 minutes trying to find the Classified Section. It is not where you directed us. More help please.
Old May 8th 2018, 10:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
I have just spent 5 minutes trying to find the Classified Section. It is not where you directed us. More help please.
There are a lot of problems with the latest updates that have been put in place, many features are at the moment missing and unfortunately the Classified section is one of them. We are waiting for the IT people to sort everything out.

Rosemary
Old May 8th 2018, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
There are a lot of problems with the latest updates that have been put in place, many features are at the moment missing and unfortunately the Classified section is one of them. We are waiting for the IT people to sort everything out.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary.
Old May 8th 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Thanks Rosemary.
Just discovered that if you go into Forum Rules you will find Classified, Wiki etc still on the top line. Hope that this helps until the difficulties are ironed out.

Rosemary