Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Registering with SEF

Registering with SEF

Old Nov 17th 2021, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering with SEF

Time is running out to change my CRUE residency to a QR code and I have been trying in vain to even register with SEF and repeatedly receiving the " Unable to identify your process based on the supply data " error message. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.Uenable to identify your process based on the supplied dataUnable to identify your process based on the supplied data
Old Nov 17th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering with SEF

The British Embassy "Brits in Portugal" Facebook page posts quite a lot of general info, they also directed people to the specific SEF contacts below, you could give these a try

For more information, please go to the Brexit Portal https://brexit.sef.pt/en/ or contact SEF using the dedicated Brexit lines:
+351 21 711 50 45
[email protected]

(edit after it got mangled the first time on posting!)
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:07 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlasthemonk
Time is running out to change my CRUE residency to a QR code and I have been trying in vain to even register with SEF and repeatedly receiving the " Unable to identify your process based on the supply data " error message. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.
I had a bit of a problem registering for an account, which I was trying to do through the general "create an account" facility. I fired off an email to SEF but a few days later, in the absence of a reply from them, I was poking about and found a different page which let me register successfully with the details that had previously been rejected.

Here it is : Apply now! Brexit

It's probably the most obvious page and I managed to bypass it first time round but just in case ....
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Alan and Eric....QR code printed ...SEF had incorrect data about me on their database....when I contacted SEF the assistant was very helpful and we resolved the problem over the phone.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atlasthemonk
Thank you Alan and Eric....QR code printed ...SEF had incorrect data about me on their database....when I contacted SEF the assistant was very helpful and we resolved the problem over the phone.
Great, glad it worked out for you! And nice to hear a positive SEF story
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the link Alan. I will email them (SEF) a query. Red Eric I had a few problems logging in/changing the password as well. The SEF site does not work well with Firefox. After changing to Chromium (Chrome) it ran a lot better.