Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Registering for anything during Covid Lockdowns

Registering for anything during Covid Lockdowns

Old Feb 8th 2021, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Rubberlegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering for anything during Covid Lockdowns

Hello All, Only my 2nd post and placed in an attempt to make life easier for all newbies like me.

As all of us know (I'm just getting an inkling) that the early period of ones 'New Life' in Portugal is a whirl of enrolling, notifying, registering, learning and worrying about breaking my new countries law's (seemingly everywhere!

I have spent much time recently reading the threads here, in an effort to glean the necessary information I need, to make progress. The PROBLEM is that the vast majority, speak of the days Pre-Covid.
Talk of making appointments with this and that, is no longer possible, with any likelihood, for some good time yet?
So I would imagine some of you may have eventually found an email address, that allows one to register online for such and such, during Covid?

If it were possible, we could perhaps group these email addresses into one thread, to help those trying to at least comply with the (often time limited) windows of opportunity to do so in Portugal?
We accept the backlog will take a good time to filter through and back to us, but at least we would be 'in the system'.

I myself cycled (legitimate keep fit) to my Centro da Saude in Lagos, to try and register for Heath Care and hand over my S1 form and present the other items needed. This was due to spending a good time previously trying to find out where it was, how did I enrol, what was needed, did I need to make an appointment etc?
It was only when I got there, it was obvious from the sign in the window, they did not want you inside, due to Covid !
The sign gave me all the details of what to send and an email address (it is NOT online to my knowledge - why?).

All the items were then scanned and sent off with a covering letter (thank God for Google translate from English to Portuguese then cut and paste). It will be a while before my own is legible enough for my public.

For those who have this task yet to do, I list the email you need: [email protected]
(in capitals for ease of reading). as my contribution to the cause.
Not sure what the answer is if you don't have a scanner in a lockdown, by the way?

Their sign uses the word 'send' but confusingly put the email address much farther down. What they really mean is
'Scan and send by email'.
I got all mixed up in the idea of posting the items and obviously concerned if they were lost. I thought about delivering them through the letter box, as I assumed they wanted originals to prevent fraud and the like = Wrong!
They obviously have accepted that originals, in the pandemic, is now for the birds.

I am would expect that most other 'departments' are doing the same in a spirit of empathy?
But perhaps the much more experienced persons on here will inform us if that is true?

The other area that I have realised is the S1 form ALSO has to be sent to the Social Security office, but at present I cannot find the exact and correct email address for me to do so. This is what inspired this post, as a cry for help to my betters!

I also need to find out if there is any allowance (during Covid), with regard to the limited time periods?
To quote just one: to allow import of my household chattels and a motorbike (by sea) as the Tax allowance to bring them in (whenever that might be possible) seems advantageous and not something you would like to miss?

But ass nothing much is moving anywhere at present in the world, what are the options??
The only thing apparently that IS moving, is illustrated by Mr. Barnier's words: 'The Clock is Ticking'!
But nothing (Michael) that I can bloody do about it!
Apart from worry about the time pressure, which is hardly contributing to the 'blissful retirement' that I am supposed to be having? Whilst the virus is trying to kill my vulnerable age group!

I nail on the back of the above, Driving Licence exchange (health check), legal processing of house purchase documents/conveyancing etc?

Any help from the 'Old Hands' on here, would be SO appreciated!