Reload this Page >

Problem in Algarve ?

Wikiposts

Problem in Algarve ?

Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Problem in Algarve ?

The reason why the North Africans or any other immigrants Eastern Europeans etc come to Western Europe is because of one reason only, poverty.

It has nothing to do with religion, they want what we have, so who can blame them and Western Europe would not survive without them, cheap labour.

99% of people just want to provide for their family, put a roof over their head and earn a fair wage.

To make such general and sweeping statements about a race of people is rubbish and disappointing to see on a website called British expats.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Problem in Algarve ?

Anyone seen the article in the Resident about sleepy Tavira.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:46 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
Anyone seen the article in the Resident about sleepy Tavira.
No,we can't get that paper up here...what what????
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all

www.algarveresident.com then put Tavira in the search
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:41 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
www.algarveresident.com then put Tavira in the search
Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

Talk about kick a dog when he is down.

The re-opened Alisuper in Albufeira got held up at gunpoint during the week and yesterday three English got a hiding in Praia da Rocha late at night.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

I knew the restaurant had been raided but did not know about the fight, the tourists must have been very frightened especially if you had kids with you

I was in tavira the other night and where the old market was there was about 20 gypsy market traders screaming and shouting at each other, must have been over pitches, the sad thing was all the restaurants were full and the tourists must have thought what the hell is going on, the police did turn up 15 mins later but the traders still screamed and shouted and it went on for over half a hour, enjoy your meal!!

today I went to pingo doce and the chaps that hang out at the side of it drinking were just pissing up the wall and fence with no regard for anyone, such a shame when you have a small child with you

tavira is such a lovely place and crime etc is not that bad but if the police do nothing or take 20 mins to turn up then things will only get worse, but first you need a police force that cares
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Which of the restaurants has been shut down? Please don't say Kohinoor, that's the nicer one!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Punjab Palace, but it has since reopened.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

I wish they would both shut down as they are both rubbish, the worst Indian food I have ever had and very expensive, I got a takeaway from the Punjab Palace a few weeks ago, looking forward to a treat!! it all ended up in the bin, as for the other one I have eaten there once never again
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Emmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Redflag
The reason why the North Africans or any other immigrants Eastern Europeans etc come to Western Europe is because of one reason only, poverty.

It has nothing to do with religion, they want what we have, so who can blame them and Western Europe would not survive without them, cheap labour.

99% of people just want to provide for their family, put a roof over their head and earn a fair wage.

To make such general and sweeping statements about a race of people is rubbish and disappointing to see on a website called British expats.
Well said. My husband and I have sat gobsmacked throughout the last half of this post.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

I have had food in them both it tasted ok but not like any comparable dish I have had previously in an Indian
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hayles is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I read your comment about the Palace. I went to the Kohinoor last week and was very disappointed with the food. Our dish was bright orange and had scrambled egg through it - I won't be back. I wondered about visiting the Palace is it seemed very busy, you have saved me the bother.

Do either of these places add anything to Tavira? Something more in keeping with the surroundings seems more appropriate. I really don't like being hassled by street sellers (for the Indians) when I'm trying to take a leisurely stroll - starting to feel like Spain and Turkey

By the way we went to Tavira Lounge for the first time and really enjoyed the food and surroundings. Also good meals in Aquasul, Bella Vista and Rive Gauche. DIdn't get to visit Bellamar as it was closed over the weekend and didn't get time to eat in Bica. Do any of you have any other food recommendations?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

try the one in sao bras, it is usually pretty good, i forget its name, next to chicken louies
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Strangely perhaps, I really like the food from Kohinoor!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.