Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

portugese health provision etc.

portugese health provision etc.

Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

barbara preston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default portugese health provision etc.

Hello, I would like to introduce myself as a new member of this forum. We are a retired English couple aged 63 and 71 who have been living in southern Spain for the past seven years. After suffering excessive heat in the summer, dust and flies, we are now looking to move somewhere which will offer us a better climate, good living standards and very importantly, good health care. We have considered Northern Spain, France and are now looking at mid/northern Portugal. It is important that we have greenery, water, friendly people (some expats as well), amongst other things. Is there anyone out there who can provide us with any relevant information, we know the Algarve very well but have never visited the north. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:02 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: portugese health provision etc.

Hi Barbara welcome to the forum
Ged lives north so he may be able to help you with that.I live central but have only been here a couple of months,having lived in Algarve for 3 years.
There are lots of flies here too!!!!! Central also gets very hot in summer and very cold in winter.
Health care...hummm are you thinking of having private care?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

barbara preston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Hi Barbara welcome to the forum
Ged lives north so he may be able to help you with that.I live central but have only been here a couple of months,having lived in Algarve for 3 years.
There are lots of flies here too!!!!! Central also gets very hot in summer and very cold in winter.
Health care...hummm are you thinking of having private care?
Hello Cleri, how to I contact Ged?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:01 pm

You can PM him,his user name is gedscottish
Look on the bullfighting thread,he has posted there,left click on his name and the private message option is there
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Abbey28 has a spectacular aura aboutAbbey28 has a spectacular aura aboutAbbey28 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: portugese health provision etc.

Hi,
I just arrived from Portugal. Just beautiful. It has everything: gorgeous beaches, delicious food, great culture, cool people (everyone speaks a bit of English), fado, Alentejo, Algarve...

Just loved it!!

If anyone wants info. here is a great site I found:
<a href="http://www.visitportugal.com/Cultures/en-US/default.html">Portuguese Tourism</a>

<b>Obrigado Portugal!!</b>

Abbey Reynolds
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Abbey28
Hi,
I just arrived from Portugal. Just beautiful. It has everything: gorgeous beaches, delicious food, great culture, cool people (everyone speaks a bit of English), fado, Alentejo, Algarve...

Just loved it!!

If anyone wants info. here is a great site I found:
<a href="http://www.visitportugal.com/Cultures/en-US/default.html">Portuguese Tourism</a>

<b>Obrigado Portugal!!</b>

Abbey Reynolds
And us!!! dont forget us
Pleased you enjoyed your visit
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:46 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Ah fado. Sigh. I've come over all melancholy all of a sardine

Welcome Abbey. I envy you your arrival in that beautiful country filled with the kindest, most hospitable people on earth