Pool Shop needed

Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pool Shop needed

thanks jdr. i will show this to hubby this evening. the pipes to the jets are under the lawn around the pool so not sure how easy/deep they are to get to. will let you know the outcome.....
thanks.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pool Shop needed

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you know the route of the pipes ?
I don`t know how able you are on plumbing, but I would be tempted to find the pipe to the jets and cut through it fairly close to the top of the pool water level and pull pipe out of line.
Some water will run out till the level drops to the height of the jets.
Put a hose on each jet and wash through, any crap should come out.
Then put maybe a larger piece of pipe or something to deflect the water away from the pool and put the pump on for a short while, this should clear the crap out of the pipe from the pump to the cut end.
Rejoin the pipe with a mechanical coupling and if it happens again you can just undo it easier than a glued one.

All done, JDR..and still crap coming out! Will it help putting bleach or something similar down the pipes? hubby went in the pool and stuffed something up the hole at the bottom (used for emptying it), to be able to do the above. the pipes do seem really dirty, and even the emptrying hole has a rusty looking colour around it!!

Surely someone must know of a pool shop in algarve?
failing this, we will keep on trying.....