Pool Shop needed

Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of
Default Pool Shop needed

Hi, I am needing to get some advice/maintenance equipment for my swimming pool and wondered if anyone can tell me of any in the Algarve?

We live over the border, so the closer to Tavira/Faro direction the better, but any will be considered. I cannot find any over here near Huelva!

Many thanks.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:10 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pool Shop needed

Originally Posted by Palmera
Hi, I am needing to get some advice/maintenance equipment for my swimming pool and wondered if anyone can tell me of any in the Algarve?

We live over the border, so the closer to Tavira/Faro direction the better, but any will be considered. I cannot find any over here near Huelva!

Many thanks.
Hummmm the one we used to use is in Lagos,so too far methinks
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

Hi, thanks for that. If there are none closer we will have to go there.

I am thinking i saw a large place along the old motorway betwen almancil and albufeira. it had a huge pool standing up outside of it. it was last year though and can not remember exactly whether it was there or not!

any other pool places known?

Thanks.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

The Olive Farmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we are looking for one too!

we are just outside Gibraleon & not been able to find one this side of border. Thought we had found one in Cartaya (had big blue pool outside) but alas inside it was more large plant pots than anything else!

Leroy Merlin in Huelva do sell some bits & pieces, not much of a choice though.

Will be watching your replies with interest
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Olive Farmer
Hi

we are looking for one too!

we are just outside Gibraleon & not been able to find one this side of border. Thought we had found one in Cartaya (had big blue pool outside) but alas inside it was more large plant pots than anything else!

Leroy Merlin in Huelva do sell some bits & pieces, not much of a choice though.

Will be watching your replies with interest
What sort of things do you need?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

we have a problem with the pipes to our jets as the previous owners left stagmamt water in the pool for a few years, and now the pipes are soiled, and we can not get them clean, therefore shooting dirt into our pool every time we use them.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

we have a problem with the pipes to our jets as the previous owners left stagmamt water in the pool for a few years, and now the pipes are soiled, and we can not get them clean, therefore shooting dirt into our pool every time we use them.
Are you sure it is not the sand in the filter that needs replacing ?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Have you backwashed the filter? Are you using liquid chlorine?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

I forgot to say, my husband and I had our own company building pools in the UK, but my husband is not back until Saturday pm from the UK so he maybe able to assist??? We are in Tavira.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, we´ve replaced the motor, sand filter, sand, etc. We´ve backwashed, rinsed, recirculated to waste etc etc. the only thing it can be now, is the pipes. once we have put in flocculant and vacuumed (to waste) the pool water is crystal clear. as soon as the jets are on, back comes the browny coloured water
i am sure it must be the pipes.....?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we´ve replaced the motor, sand filter, sand, etc. We´ve backwashed, rinsed, recirculated to waste etc etc. the only thing it can be now, is the pipes. once we have put in flocculant and vacuumed (to waste) the pool water is crystal clear. as soon as the jets are on, back comes the browny coloured water
i am sure it must be the pipes.....?
When you backwash does the control valve send the water away to waste automaticly or is there a valve on the outlet pipe that needs to be opened also ?

Just a thought, as a couple of systems I have worked on were set up like this.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

we opened it to go to waste ourselves, as when we let it go through the filter and back into the pool...it has to go through the dreaded pipes...thus making the water go back into the pool brown again!
ideally we want to vacuum the water and send it back into the pool...but cannot do this til the pipes to the jets are clean.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

we opened it to go to waste ourselves, as when we let it go through the filter and back into the pool...it has to go through the dreaded pipes...thus making the water go back into the pool brown again!
ideally we want to vacuum the water and send it back into the pool...but cannot do this til the pipes to the jets are clean.
If you are turning the valve to waste then it is not backwashing the filter, you must put the valve to backwash and watch the colour in the small tube on the side of the control, when it clears, stop the pump, then put on rinse for a while.
When you backwash it goes through the sand filter the other way to wash all the crap out , you should get no water through the jets at all while this is happening.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for that, but we had done all that...and still it is kicking out the dirty water. ideally we want to be able to filter/backwash, but as soon as water goes through the pipes, it comes out murky brown!
we had backwashed and rinsed for ages before we filled the pool, to clean the pipes, but to no avail.
any more thoughts?
Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Hi, thanks for that, but we had done all that...and still it is kicking out the dirty water. ideally we want to be able to filter/backwash, but as soon as water goes through the pipes, it comes out murky brown!
we had backwashed and rinsed for ages before we filled the pool, to clean the pipes, but to no avail.
any more thoughts?
Thanks
Do you know the route of the pipes ?
I don`t know how able you are on plumbing, but I would be tempted to find the pipe to the jets and cut through it fairly close to the top of the pool water level and pull pipe out of line.
Some water will run out till the level drops to the height of the jets.
Put a hose on each jet and wash through, any crap should come out.
Then put maybe a larger piece of pipe or something to deflect the water away from the pool and put the pump on for a short while, this should clear the crap out of the pipe from the pump to the cut end.
Rejoin the pipe with a mechanical coupling and if it happens again you can just undo it easier than a glued one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.