Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Photovoltaic Panels

Photovoltaic Panels

Old May 13th 2018, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photovoltaic Panels

Originally Posted by Score76
I recently had a 10kw solar system installed along the roof of two south facing apartments. Had to pay EDP a one off 250€ for a licence to "feed in" and they indeed pay 4c per kWh. The trick is to use what you produce, saving yourself the 20c per kWh you'd otherwise pay. Between the various appliances in the house and a 7kw heat pump on the pool, I don't end up exporting much to the grid at all. This will save me a fortune in the long run.
By my calculation, that's 60 panels you had installed. There's no way 60 panels will fit on my roof and they would ruin my garden if mounted at ground level. "I'm out" to quote the popular TV programme Dragons' Den!
Old May 13th 2018, 6:21 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

The system was from SACL near Porches. There's 36 panels in total. Happy to PM you the guys details if you want them.
Old May 13th 2018, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I used SACL a long time ago for mintenance of my pool heater and they gave me a quotation for a solar hot water system.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Originally Posted by Score76
I recently had a 10kw solar system installed along the roof of two south facing apartments. Had to pay EDP a one off 250€ for a licence to "feed in" and they indeed pay 4c per kWh. The trick is to use what you produce, saving yourself the 20c per kWh you'd otherwise pay. Between the various appliances in the house and a 7kw heat pump on the pool, I don't end up exporting much to the grid at all. This will save me a fortune in the long run.
Just to clarify, are you using the 7kw heat pump just to heat the pool water?