Payshop online

Old Apr 3rd 2023, 9:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Payshop online

Hi

I have a pre-paid MEO SIM.

After extensive research - the only way I can prepay it (in my situation) is to go to a Payshop or MEO store. Note that there is currently an 80cent charge so I need to pay e.g €30.80 to nett €30 on the card for either. The store is out of my way.

I was wondering if there was a way to access the payshop online to save me the hassle of going physically to the Payshop from arriving at the airport. That way I can reload before boarding and have service when I arrive.....

Thanks in advance
Jon

https://www.meo.pt/en/help/faq#top-up

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 3rd 2023 at 9:18 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 1:16 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payshop online

I don't think so - I think the merchant has to sign up for the online payshop service in order for you to be able to use it.

Would the setting up of a my MEO account not enable you to pay from anywhere via a credit card?
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Our MEO data sim is direct debited monthly from bank account.
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

Millenium Bank online banking have a facility for topping up SIM,s, from anywhere you have internet.
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 9:34 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming the OP doesn't have a PT bank account.
Old Apr 4th 2023, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

Hence my suggestion, it may be an idea to open one, and avoid the "hassle" of trecking around looking for payshops etc
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Did a little sniffing around on the CTT Payshop website and came up with this!

https://www.ding.com/countries/europe/portugal
Old Apr 5th 2023, 9:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the help.

​​​​​​The only option is the payshop, for me as I mentioned. There is another with xoom banking... But the customer service is atrocious (I closed my account there)... I cant say much for MEOs either! The product is not fit for purpose, and it doesn't co-ordinate with the MEO service I use - losing me money. I suggested 2 solutions, but the customer service people are blind and don't read feedback and just pick pre arranged responses, ignoring the customer. I dont have a PT bank account, or NIF, its a prepay card PAYG' so no monthly payment by DD... MyMeo wont accept a payment without a NIF. I use Multibanco a lot, for cash about 500€ most times..... But as my debit card isn't PT, the option to reload a PT SIM does not appear on screen!!!

So payshop is the only way. If there is another they don't say (see the link in the op). Funnily enough, the xoom option isnt mentioned.

I was hoping that the payshop had an online service.. which surely should be in the plans in these IT days.

Ding and other similar services take commission and have preset top up amounts, that dont line up with the product I have. I lose at least 5 days service and its payment!.

If MEO would have a normal system where I choose the amount and can pay with a card or bank transfer (like every other SIM Ive had all over Europe) - it would be easy!

These little things are sent to try you!

Thanks again, I think I know the nearest payshop to me, its the kind of detour one doesn't want to make when arriving after a flight though, even though there is only 80c charge. Once there we are often walking around passing Payshops... so easy to reload

Thanks again for the support

Jon
PS the product MEO Enjoy is actually designed for non residents, but could be made far more customer friendly, if they listened! Unless there is another option out there where I can choose my desired net topup amount

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 5th 2023 at 9:55 am.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 12:54 pm
Polished expat

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
[...]MyMeo wont accept a payment without a NIF.[...]
Dang! - I overlooked that.

It is perfectly possible (and straightforward, and free) for a non-resident to get a NIF, of course but maybe you think that's overkill or are reluctant to hand over your details to the tax authority here for no other purpose.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
PS the product MEO Enjoy is actually designed for non residents, but could be made far more customer friendly, if they listened! [...]
MEO, listen! Good one!!
Old Apr 6th 2023, 5:46 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Dang! - I overlooked that.

It is perfectly possible (and straightforward, and free) for a non-resident to get a NIF, of course but maybe you think that's overkill or are reluctant to hand over your details to the tax authority here for no other purpose.

MEO, listen! Good one!!
Thanks Red Eric.

Its a good idea, but its probably overkill to get a NIF just for a few online reloads a year, to save the first payshop reloads on entry to PT at a payshop (and 80c).

And yes the privacy stuff and having some sort of link to another countries tax system for this small requirement may add probably more hassle.

Amazing isn't it that a modern company like MEO can be so frustrating at all levels.?... I have no customer loyalty, but their product (warts and all) meets our requirements, as soon as another similar priced option comes with an easier online payment method, I'm jumping ship!

Jon
Old Apr 6th 2023, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered Lycamobile - see their website for bundles available, prices, and recharge available on-line - in fact you buy the SIM online too then top up online follows. International calls might be an advantage for you too .. Website in English ...
https://www.lycamobile.pt/en/
Old Apr 7th 2023, 12:49 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Have you considered Lycamobile - see their website for bundles available, prices, and recharge available on-line - in fact you buy the SIM online too then top up online follows. International calls might be an advantage for you too .. Website in English ...
https://www.lycamobile.pt/en/
Yes thanks for the information. But Lycamobile doesn't offer the features we need for our requirements. So its 'warts and all' (e.g old fashioned reload system, physically going to a shop!!) with MEO till something better comes along.
Jon