Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

NHR application without accountant

NHR application without accountant

Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHR application without accountant

Originally Posted by AliceCaroline
There is a pdf, I shall print it out

Thank you for the prompt reply Loafing Along.

I just got my good Portuguese - English dictionary out and it does say the verb deferir means; to confer; to grant; to concede.

I should have gone straight to it instead of using Google Translate which says deferred.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:54 am
Just Joined

jojotuggger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Would you be able to message me your accountants details?

Cheers,
Jo.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Simon Batten is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, if you use Google Chrome you can automatically translate the Finacas Portal. It makes the process very straightforward, if you are a retiree then the process really is a simple tick box exercise with the only thing to be mindful of is ensuring you put the correct tax year you arrived in (I know of someone who used an accountant and they put the wrong year in and it was game over). For those looking to benefit from the 20% rate you have to be a little more careful and bear in mind that they may request information from you to back your application up. Business owners or those able to draw dividend income from a business outside of Portugal is another way you can benefit from it, lots of people who work as consultants structure their businesses in this way to benefit from the 0% rates.

You have until the end of March of the year following the year you become tax resident in to apply for NHR otherwise the opportunity is lost.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ash Jez is on a distinguished road

What I'd say about the NHR scheme is don't under estimate it's value. Do not think it's of no value to you, apply as you don't know what your future holds and things could change for yourself, and should you fail to do so, apply, within the time limit, the opportunity is lost forever. It's saved me thousands.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Can you give me the details of your Portuguese accountant or one you would recommend?

Cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojotuggger
Hello,

Can you give me the details of your Portuguese accountant or one you would recommend?

Cheers.
Hello jojotugger
Who are you asking?
I'll private message you the details of the account we are using.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

Thank you that would be great!

Cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Hello, Would you be able to message me your accountants details?

Cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

A general question for everyone out there- do you need to be living in Portugal for over 183 days per year after the NHR application?
An accountant told me I did.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Your question is too vague to answer fully. The 10 year clock starts ticking when the NHR is in place and it will keep ticking regardless of how many days you are present.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for the vagueness- to be considered a Portuguese resident for tax (the NHR) do you need to be a resident for 183 days per year in Portugal?
Old Oct 12th 2018, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

David_c is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the vagueness- to be considered a Portuguese resident for tax (the NHR) do you need to be a resident for 183 days per year in Portugal?
Either that or 1) having an employment contract with a portuguese company or 2) having housing in conditions that suppose the intention of maintaining as an habitual residence (ie, rental or purchase agreement).
Old Oct 12th 2018, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

simple answer "Yes"

From the Portuguese Tax authorities website :
A citizen deemed non-regular resident has the right to be taxed according to the nonregular
resident tax scheme during a period of 10 consecutive years, from the year
of the registration as a resident on Portuguese territory, as long as continues to be
deemed resident in each of the 10 years.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 9:35 am
Just Joined

free.ekanayaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Loafing Along,

so does it mean that the information from the blog post on NHR at tax-free.today is incorrect? Quoting from there:

No minimum stay is required to maintain residency
(sorry can't post the exact URL since I haven't published 5 messages on this board yet)

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2018, 9:48 am
Just Joined

No, I think this is right. As long as you are not seen as a tax resident in another country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.