Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New smoking laws in Portugal

New smoking laws in Portugal

Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New smoking laws in Portugal

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Really?

I thought that was something they're almost paranoid about - or maybe that's just in the Algarve with all the Tourists?
Ahh in that case the attitude must be different towards drink driving in the Algarve.......saying that I know it's a "no No!" in Porto but out here in the sticks......it's rife!! Like Cleri says....its too dangerous to walk!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Mate, I haven't smoked for 21 years and still miss it.....started smoking age 10 though....misspent yoof...

ged, I might have to meet you when I come up that way - my fav uncle lives in Lagos now, but they spent many a year up the road from you in Sto. Tirso So much so that my younger cousin speaks like a Tripeiro to this day
Sto è santo Tirso......?! Near Trofa?! if so....its not that far from here. So if your coming up this way.........I will warn the locals!! seriously let me know if your coming this way and I will buy you lunch........at a cheap place of course(I am Scottish.....have to keep up our reputation)

Regarding the smoking, yourself and Derby have not inspired me much to stop........21 years and still miss it...... stopping aint gonna be easy! Like Derby I am also noticing the affect on my health I can only last 2 hours now during sex rather than 3 when I was in my prime!

p.s sorry I meant minutes not hours
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:44 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Sto è santo Tirso......?! Near Trofa?! if so....its not that far from here. So if your coming up this way.........I will warn the locals!! seriously let me know if your coming this way and I will buy you lunch........at a cheap place of course(I am Scottish.....have to keep up our reputation)

Regarding the smoking, yourself and Derby have not inspired me much to stop........21 years and still miss it...... stopping aint gonna be easy! Like Derby I am also noticing the affect on my health I can only last 2 hours now during sex rather than 3 when I was in my prime!

Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:52 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedscottish

I was about to book my flight, but stopped when I read the last line

Yes, it is Santo Tirso - and do I miss it still - I don't have the bad breath, racking cough, etc....but light one up around me and I start craving it - for about 2 seconds and then it passes, just so you know.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:27 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I was about to book my flight, but stopped when I read the last line

Yes, it is Santo Tirso - and do I miss it still - I don't have the bad breath, racking cough, etc....but light one up around me and I start craving it - for about 2 seconds and then it passes, just so you know.

I gave up in 1992 for 6 years
God i was fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is it you want to eat a mountain of food if you dont smoke?????
Anyway,I got bereaved,and hit the booze and then decided sod it,why not start again,so I did I would really like to quit,but frightened I will get podgy!!!!!
flanny did you get fat???????
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:27 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri

I gave up in 1992 for 6 years
God i was fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is it you want to eat a mountain of food if you dont smoke?????
Anyway,I got bereaved,and hit the booze and then decided sod it,why not start again,so I did I would really like to quit,but frightened I will get podgy!!!!!
flanny did you get fat???????
Let me tell you that if I was bereaved, I'd be inhaling Marlbro lights quicker than a laboratory Beagle.

Yeah, I've put shit loads on since I stopped and knackered my ankle.

I'm still a hottie though
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:39 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Let me tell you that if I was bereaved, I'd be inhaling Marlbro lights quicker than a laboratory Beagle.

Yeah, I've put shit loads on since I stopped and knackered my ankle.

I'm still a hottie though
I'm meeting you in April - let me be the judge of that

Cleri, the only way to battle the bulge as you come off the fags, is to cut out on the boozing a bit, and eat loads of fruit/veggies, and shag like you're 15 again (I forgot how old your old man is - might kill him, you'll be bereaved and take them up again..shit, it's a vicious cycle! ) until your body stabilizes again and then you can start eating normally. I'm glad I didn't have to worry about this
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:01 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm meeting you in April - let me be the judge of that

Cleri, the only way to battle the bulge as you come off the fags, is to cut out on the boozing a bit, and eat loads of fruit/veggies, and shag like you're 15 again (I forgot how old your old man is - might kill him, you'll be bereaved and take them up again..shit, it's a vicious cycle! ) until your body stabilizes again and then you can start eating normally. I'm glad I didn't have to worry about this

Damn I forgot we've arranged that Then you'll see what a minging moose I really am
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:05 am

Damn I forgot we've arranged that Then you'll see what a minging moose I really am
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:15 am
ex-squaddie

Junior poker anyone? I'm gonna have to get him his own account at this rate!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:17 am

Junior poker anyone? I'm gonna have to get him his own account at this rate!
He still not sleeping at night? You poor thing.....it won't last forever
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:27 am
ex-squaddie

He still not sleeping at night? You poor thing.....it won't last forever

No. He's sleeping til late in the evening. An earthquake won't wake him. Then, at 1 am ..........................Taadaaaahhhh!!!!! PARTEYYYYY!!

Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:29 am

No. He's sleeping til late in the evening. An earthquake won't wake him. Then, at 1 am ..........................Taadaaaahhhh!!!!! PARTEYYYYY!!

Sounds familiar. My first started sleeping through at 5 weeks, from 9 to 4, but would nurse all day, second at 4 months, last one was over 2 years old when he did..would wake up four or 5 times a night for water.....I was a zombie..
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:43 am
ex-squaddie

Sounds familiar. My first started sleeping through at 5 weeks, from 9 to 4, but would nurse all day, second at 4 months, last one was over 2 years old when he did..would wake up four or 5 times a night for water.....I was a zombie..
You mean there are months if not years left before he sleeps through

Anyone wanna buy a life-size paperweight/draught excluder/door stop shaped like a one week old baby?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:19 am

You know you love staying up with your little guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.