Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Silver Coast

Moving to the Silver Coast

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:24 pm
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving to the Silver Coast

Originally Posted by Cleri
Quick on the drawers me
yep... you billy the kiddie
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:05 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Quick on the drawers me
Make sure you keep them on then Cleri, I'm not saying anything about this area as I don't want anyone moving near me in case they find the house I'm after.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:58 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Ola Mr Bean
I do not know the Silver Coast but here in VdT it takes about 18 months to 2 years to sell and people do not make as much on houses as they do in the UK. Having said that, a few are lucky and sell fast and make a good few Euro's but it's not like the UK.
(and my bit of Uk did not sell fast anyway!!!) - in PT safest to buy what you want to live in! and make money or invest money another way.
Boa Sorte
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:40 am
Just Joined

MrBean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you what is vtd?

Is it worth buying say 2 bed apartments then renting them out for a few years then sell in 5 years for example. Is it difficult to rent out your appartment or house do you think

Thanks
Mr Bean
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:55 am
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Thank you what is vtd?

Is it worth buying say 2 bed apartments then renting them out for a few years then sell in 5 years for example. Is it difficult to rent out your appartment or house do you think

Thanks
Mr Bean
Bom dia Mr Bean!

In my opinion, noone can give you that type of investment advise without knowing more about your individual circunstances. The best general advice has been given by Matts above "...in PT safest to buy what you want to live in!".
vdt is short for Vale da Telha, near Aljezur in western Algarve. Lovely place for surf!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:03 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prodigal son
Bom dia Mr Bean!

In my opinion, noone can give you that type of investment advise without knowing more about your individual circunstances. The best general advice has been given by Matts above "...in PT safest to buy what you want to live in!".
vdt is short for Vale da Telha, near Aljezur in western Algarve. Lovely place for surf!!!
Nasty place to live
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:04 am
Banned

Nasty place to live
May I ask why? to many brits!?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:08 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Matties loves it
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks
I was thinking about the Silver coast with in 1 hour drive north of Lisbon

There seems to be some nice areas around there and prices are still affordable.

How ever I see the coast line also goes up the other side of Lisbon to the east to places like Bobadela and Forte De Casa does any one have information on these areas?

Thanks
Mr Bean
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:15 am
Banned

Matties loves it
Does it mean that the place is too small for the 2 of you!?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:49 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

No! lots of room for both of us! re Brits . . .
Depending where you go there are a lot of brits. I'm sure Cleri knows some things have improved recently and got more mixed with loads of locals involved - like where we hang-out FAB
but . . .
others have not
plus I guess I am just not as adventurous and brave as Cleri and my local lingo skills are still only up at ordering food and drink! But I did ask a local yesterday at Portimao hospital if 2 hours for an eye test was normal (like in PT) and she understood me and said 'normal'! and 6 hrs was 'normal'!!!
GLAD I HAVE PRIVATE HEALTH INS.!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks how much is private health insurance for a 42 year old male Brit do you think?

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mattiespeople
No! lots of room for both of us! re Brits . . .
Depending where you go there are a lot of brits. I'm sure Cleri knows some things have improved recently and got more mixed with loads of locals involved - like where we hang-out FAB
but . . .
others have not
plus I guess I am just not as adventurous and brave as Cleri and my local lingo skills are still only up at ordering food and drink! But I did ask a local yesterday at Portimao hospital if 2 hours for an eye test was normal (like in PT) and she understood me and said 'normal'! and 6 hrs was 'normal'!!!
GLAD I HAVE PRIVATE HEALTH INS.!
Ola Matty!

I'm glad it is the spirit of adventure that has uprooted (literally) Cleri!
A few weeks ago (on my birthday to be precise) I had a serious nose bleed and had to call 911. I spent 4 hours in hospital and I thought I was going to die when a nurse decided to take some blood and f***** up:curse:.
Anyway things can go wrong anywhere (even in the UK). But I agree, if one can one should go private!

Ate mais logo!..
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Make sure you keep them on then Cleri, I'm not saying anything about this area as I don't want anyone moving near me in case they find the house I'm after.
Ola (or shall I say Hola, for the time being) Crispygirl!

When are you moving and why?

Buenas tardes signorita!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking about buying some land for upto 100,000 euro or a proerty for upto about 195,000 euro in the next 3 months

Thing is from what I can see at the moment there are may new compaines setup in the silver coast region jumping on this band wagon trying to sell to Brits and other like me.

I am wondering if soon there will be too many companies trying building and trying to sell properties and not enough forigen buyers

I suppose it depends on, if the Brits etc keep on coming, if they do all will be OK and your investment should go up in value

Problem is if we stop comming then prices my stay the same or fall

that is the 64 million dolar question

Does any one have a crystal ball and can tell me the future?

I think it may be safer to buy cheaper properties then at least if the forigne money stops may be I can sell or rent to local people who can still afford a cheaper place

Any ideas on this one please?

Thanks
Mr Bean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.