Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Moving to Portugal. What is the best way to get house contents there

Moving to Portugal. What is the best way to get house contents there

Old Dec 24th 2014, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Portugal. What is the best way to get house contents there

Donchamp our house is in UK
Old Dec 24th 2014, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Donchamb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Portugal. What is the best way to get house contents there

sorry, misread your post
Old Dec 28th 2014, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

mdun67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact North West Direct Freight NWDF Ltd - the complete transport company. I used them in 2011 you can discuss your requirements. I packed all crockery etc in leg plastic containers, not one item broken. They picked up my stuff in Kent, delivered to Alentejo on day I requested, They were terrific from start to finish & very reasonable
Old Jan 1st 2015, 1:44 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donchamp we are leaving with our caravan Jan 7-9 2015 for Travira to find our retirement home. Keep in touch? Marlow and Pat
Old Jan 1st 2015, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Donchamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Munsterfan (assume you are from Ireland) enjoy your trip and travel safely. When do you expect to be in Tavira, we are out on 11th for a week to take second look at a few properties
Old Mar 13th 2015, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

MorrisC8 is an unknown quantity at this point

The house in the UK will be up for sale next week and off we go to our home in Portugal.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

The house sold in 4 days so we have 8 weeks to pack and go to Portugal .
Old Mar 28th 2015, 5:47 am
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

we are here, arrived 20 Jan, looked around, listened to stories, bought, have our residency, learning Portuguese, sitting in the sun, Let us know when you get here, PM us for contact details
Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:40 am
Just Joined

4 weeks to go .
Wife and cat go first by air then i will fly out a few days later as i have to sign the paper work in the UK for the sale of the house.
We had 2 boot sales in the UK to get rid of stuff [ buy one get the rest free ].
Still have to get rid of more before we go as the house in Portugal all ready full.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 8:12 am
Smokn Joy

A wee segue, we are searching for a truck (20-23m3) to rent for a week in June so we can drive to France load of the rest of our furniture and come back to live forever 'n ever here in Portugal.
I've looked everywhere online, Google-translated notes to our local mechanics and such; but no luck. Lots'a smaller vans, but no truck. Me Pat has been an instructor for driving large emergency vehicles for over 30-years and has relevant drivers licence. Any suggestions very welcome.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 8:21 am
Smokn Joy

Donchamb, PLEASE contact us, we've been desperately looking for a truck (20-23m3) to rent for a week to bring the rest of our furniture from the farm near Lyon in France to Cabanas de Tavira in June. Lot's of affordable options out there between UK-Eire & Algarve but nadda from France to Algarve. If it's a reasonable price perhaps your Polish connection may be a better option then the two of us driving 1,800km each way in big truck. PM us?
deb
Old Apr 27th 2015, 8:24 am
Smokn Joy

Geez did I just repeat myself in the same thread? Gotta stop that wild expat retirees drinkin' and partyin' at night....my mind is still in that muddled happy-place this morning..... think we're all going feral here in Cabanas.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

The regulations regarding transport here are so crazy, it may be nearly imposable to run a truck rental business.
I'm going to send you a number by PM; it's a driver who brought my container here for me. Bit of a cowboy, but he got the job done. Cheap!
Old Apr 27th 2015, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munsterfan
Donchamb, PLEASE contact us, we've been desperately looking for a truck (20-23m3) to rent for a week to bring the rest of our furniture from the farm near Lyon in France to Cabanas de Tavira in June. Lot's of affordable options out there between UK-Eire & Algarve but nadda from France to Algarve. If it's a reasonable price perhaps your Polish connection may be a better option then the two of us driving 1,800km each way in big truck. PM us?
deb
Google :- Alugar Camiao

http://www.directorio.iol.pt/camioes...-1-64-0-0.html

This may help
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:02 pm
Smokn Joy

thanks ingles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.