Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Algarve

Moving to the Algarve

Old Apr 16th 2023, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Algarve

Originally Posted by J00ls
Dinner in Mongkok??!! You're more adventurous than I was!
It wasn’t dinner. I had to go to the Nikon service centre to order a new camera body, which sadly is located there. I went back yesterday to pick up the purchase and had Saturday foot traffic to deal with. Trust me when I say Lagos in July and august is nothing by way of comparison. It’s now 31 degrees and the humidity is like a hot, wet blanket wrapped around you. Fortunately I’m heading back to the Algarve tomorrow night. HK-Bangkok-LHR-Faro, 30 hours door-to-door. Yuk!
Old Apr 16th 2023, 7:41 am
Just Joined

FionaA is an unknown quantity at this point

Very exciting to hear about your move. We have just purchased across the border in Isla Canela which is just down to the beaches from Ayamonte. We love it there. I have taken a sabbatical from work this year to spend time setting it up etc. Just wondering if anyone knows of any British meet up groups in or around Ayamonte. If not can you give details of British groups in Eastern Algarve. Looking for social/ golf/ walking/ yoga/ language classes etc . Thanks for any assistance. We are back in a couple of weeks for May. Can't wait.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Paul200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the great advice, it was very much appreciated. We managed to rent an apartment in Conceicao de Tavira. Now just have to sort out private health insurance.

Once again thank you all for the great advice.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul200
Thank you all for the great advice, it was very much appreciated. We managed to rent an apartment in Conceicao de Tavira. Now just have to sort out private health insurance.

Once again thank you all for the great advice.
Enjoy Conciecao, we had a place there for twenty years up until selling up last year.

Can highly recommend the coffee at Silva's (next to the supermarket opposite the golf course)
Old Apr 19th 2023, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Paul200 is an unknown quantity at this point

To appman999, we have a long term rental which was arranged before we arrived in Portugal and was paying rent many months before we obtained the D7, but our Portuguese lawyer included a clause of early exit which the landlord agreed, as we paid 4 months rent before we stepped footin Portugal.

Last edited by Paul200; Apr 19th 2023 at 12:55 pm.