Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Now ,why am I not at all surprised by this !!!

https://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-pa...15035-86037425
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Given pollination is part of the normal testing of any new variant, i find this somewhat Hard to believe unless it was in north korea. Can you provide a link to this?
How would a GM crop,invented in the USA ,be tested on pollinators in Europe.? It is illegal to grow unregistered (tested) GM crops in most EU countries..or so I believed.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

The door is closing at last !!!

International Monsanto Tribunal - April 2017
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:31 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise glyphosate is made by a large no of chinese companies, we get the 50% commercial grade for about 10 us a litre. Its out there - forever - but dont worry, murica will be eating gm everything instead.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise glyphosate is made by a large no of chinese companies, we get the 50% commercial grade for about 10 us a litre. Its out there - forever - but dont worry, murica will be eating gm everything instead.
Who /what is Murica?

You seem a tad annoyed that people are trying to limit the amount of pesticides they are ingesting?

Its not the ultimate answer to spray everything with Round Up you know.. It solves the immediate problem,but you have no idea about the long term-damage
It stuns me that in less than 50 yrs people have gone from being horrified about deaths from cancer, .to accepting it as something they will get before they die. That it is a legacy passed on to their kids and grandkids. They watch benign looking adds on TV to 'bake cakes to raise money for cancer nurses' They never ask why do we have this? and why is it getting worse not better.

Science is NOT solving it...

The link between pesticides and cancer is solid, As is the link between the food chain and cancer (cakes ? are people mad) As was the link between smoking and cancer.. we tackled that... but left the food chain and big agri alone..

We need to wake up and realise that we are the collateral damage involved in a few people making obscene amounts of money. People who don't give a damn about the planet or the future
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:51 am

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Like me, live somewhere where there are is no poisonous fauna, but several types of flora that can and do main and even kill, try growing edible crops there, then tell me not to use herbicides, for now i suggest you go to your local supermarket and protest loudly there, or even better on facebook where nobody of adverse views is listening.

Try complaining about the generically modified food you already eat too...

Murica is a country south of canada eh, i hear the locals talking about it all the time, the ones with sunburnt necks, wearing white silk pajamas with hoods, or pretending to be policemen.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Relevant phrase "superweeds that have grown resistant to Glyphosate"
And the circle continues

https://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-di...7989f-86037425
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:13 am

Bollocxx, as i said you clearly know nothing about the stuff in the tropics. A thorn tree will kill you, a manchineel will kill you and any livestock around, a logwood tree cant be cut down with anything less than a tungsten carbide chainsaw. Nothing to do with chemicals, everything to do with the warfare that is nature.

If we want to control nature we have to effectively fight it, to grow the things we want, to be the super predator that we are. If you disagree thats fine, but stop posting on the net, go catch yourself an animal or plant some grass seeds, wrap yourself in the fur/plants and start chewing on it...
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Bollocxx, as i said you clearly know nothing about the stuff in the tropics. A thorn tree will kill you, a manchineel will kill you and any livestock around, a logwood tree cant be cut down with anything less than a tungsten carbide chainsaw. Nothing to do with chemicals, everything to do with the warfare that is nature.

If we want to control nature we have to effectively fight it, to grow the things we want, to be the super predator that we are. If you disagree thats fine, but stop posting on the net, go catch yourself an animal or plant some grass seeds, wrap yourself in the fur/plants and start chewing on it...
Good lord, what a load off Bollocxx you come out with
Old Sep 29th 2017, 12:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Please re-read the site rules with particular attention to Rule 1 because uk_grenada and Ingles you are skating on very thin ice at the moment and I am not prepared to allow this to continue. Take a deep breath, take your hands of the keyboards and take a step back before re-joining the discussion.

Rosemary
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://www.ecowatch.com/eu-parliame...fb373-86037425
Old Feb 26th 2018, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Monsanto have too much to lose , so now they have gone to New York's Supreme Court , who have issued a "command" for all internal documentation from Avaaz
If this is "command" is complied with , Monsanto will have all the personal info off anybody who a signed a Petition issued by Avaaz against the use Monsanto's deadly products !

https://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-av...35aa1-86037425
Old Feb 28th 2018, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This says it all...The difference between the people who work with nature and those who try and destroy it to get what they want. short term Nature is perhaps telling you that the areas where those plants grow are not suitable for the crops you wish to impose on them .Try looking elsewhere or growing something else
In a totally different area of interest to me .I was researching the devastating effects of the lack of magnesium in modern mans systems. It is leading to virtually every serious condition you can think of,from heart attacks to diabetes etc. In the USA alone the average American is now 46% down on the amount of magnesium in his/her blood. that he/she presented with only 20 yrs ago.

Why? Because companies like Monsanto have leached the land (where it
mostly comes from ) of this precious mineral with their over use of pesticides.
magnesium is taken up in our vegetables,we rely on them for our main supply. It is perhaps the most essential mineral in our bodies apart from Vit D...
Having just had a grandchild born in Washington state I was horrified to learn that this one state is one of the worst for deficiencies. ,with most vegetables both root and leaf showing little or no magnesium content...A very serious situation
You are taking the line of least resistance .. The here and now and hang the consequences for future generations..
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

As I'm TT this doe's not affect myself , but anybody who likes a drink or two should be aware that this problem is more than likely world wide

https://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-...553632957.html

The link marked "here" has much more info

Last edited by Ingles; Apr 14th 2018 at 1:45 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ingles
As I'm TT this doe's not affect myself , but anybody who likes a drink or two should be aware that this problem is more than likely world wide

https://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-...553632957.html

The link marked "here" has much more info
That just makes me want to cry.. thinking of the unnecessary early deaths of three friends from breast cancer... I have always suspected it was because two of them lived in areas of heavy crop spraying.. the last lived in the far east for many yrs where chemical pollution was dense.

When will we wake up and realise that we are the collateral damage. Not only us but our kids and grandkids.

There's one advert on TV that makes my blood run cold. Its of a large group of women dressed in pink.. running to raise money to 'Fight cancer' (yep the good old UK way of tackling anything... fight it) The woman talking on the add is overweight and out of breath,saying sad things about her dad who had just died a horrible death. What is shocking... (apart from the numbers running) is the passive acceptance! . If she had said. He died of the plague! would we watch the add with such indifference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.