Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

mobile phone service (or no service actually)

mobile phone service (or no service actually)

Old Oct 6th 2022, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

andywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mobile phone service (or no service actually)

I did advise the lady in the shop that victim support would need to contact me via Whatsapp to resolve the TV issue, the TV issue is the least of my problems though, I now have a contract that is absolutely useless and the firm are refusing to make it null and void, on top of that I now have a second contract that is only slightly better.............. I did think at the time, if what I am being assured to be correct is in actual fact correct, and the mobiles will work in the house as they are using the same tech as the broadband modem, then Isuppose its problem solved and worst case scenario is that I let the first contract simply run out, pay it monthly and not upfront or try to negotiate a 'exit fee' so to speak.............. today will be the test as I intend to visit both shops in town to thrash it out........... hopefully
Old Oct 8th 2022, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

andywally , do either of your mobile phone services (and your phone) offer WiFi calling? Is it even available in Portugal? This is where the call is routed through the internet/WiFi automatically if mobile phone signal is inadequate. I realise that your internet service also uses the mobile phone signal but you say reception is better due to the router's placement but, if available, calls would use your router's connection.
Old Oct 8th 2022, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

andywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond repute

Victim support did call me whilst I was in town, scheduled from the shop, the lady rebooted my TV so that now works, and has bookedan engineer for next Thursday to fit another antenna for the mobile fone signal, I dont really understand what they are going to do, but on a 'need to know' basis I dont really think I need to understand I just need it to work.............. keep ya posted ...........ya never know it might come in useful to somebody else at some point