Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Looking for English speaking lawyer in lisbon

Looking for English speaking lawyer in lisbon

Old Jan 23rd 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

laulita80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for English speaking lawyer in lisbon

hello, I am looking at moving to lisbon from london later this year. I work as a freelance photographer and would like to sit down with a lawyer to discuss taxes and other legal issues related to my practice as per the law in portugal. I have been in london for 8 years and ready to get out quickly I'll be in lisbon from february 21-25. Really appreciate your help and any advice you can give would be great.
Thanks, Laura.

Last edited by laulita80; Jan 23rd 2016 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for English speaking lawyer in lisbon

This may be off use.

NDR - Neville de Rougemont & Associados : Sociedade de Advogados :: Equipa : Sócios
Old Feb 6th 2016, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

RazzyUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for English speaking lawyer in lisbon

hi

When i was looking for a property in Lisbon in october 2016, i met with about 5 different Local and international english speaking lawyers in Lisbon. i found some lawyers either asked for a 2-2.5% of the purchase price like NDR that someone else mentioned on this forum and others having established that i was an overseas buyer ramped up their fees astronomically.

I eventually used Teresa Patrício & Associados - Law Firm, who were very reasonable and very professional hand holding a first time buyer like myself.

I found most lawyers do speak reasonable English so do shop arround...so walk in off the street and get recommendations from other expats but whatever you do DONT get the agent to do the conveyancing and always get a notary to certify any contract. if the length of between the promissory contract and sale deed is a long one, pay a low 5% deposit and make sure it is registered on the deed of the property, this prevents the owner selling the property to multiple buyers.

PM Me for any other question...we have just completed on the property and hopefully we will be making the final move in March.