AFPOP

Old Jan 31st 2016, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Sailfree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AFPOP

On one reply AFPOP were mentioned.

Difficult to identify whether membership is worthwhile at €99.

We are buying a property in Nazare.

Can others advice if they have joined AFPOP have they been useful and good value

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2016, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: AFPOP

AFPOP members in the south get discounts for things like Insurance, Funeral cover, Lawyers, Accountants, Home repairs etc.

Unfortunately I live in the north so do not benefit from most discounts but I joined because I get my medical insurance at a cost much lower than if I had not been a member.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

garden2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the previous post re health insurance - the group scheme offered via afpop is v good. They also helped when we had problems with furniture delivery after staff could not speek english. Their website has useful information bulletins e.g. motoring rules, new regulations etc. Most areas also have social events or talks which you may choose to try when you first arrive.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sailfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Note you are in Travira.

We will be N of Lisbon in Nazare not sure whether they are active there.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sailfree
Note you are in Travira.

We will be N of Lisbon in Nazare not sure whether they are active there.

OH says there is a group of about 100 members in and around Lisbon Sailfree.You might like to pm me and I can send you details of the membership
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also a member purely for the health insurance plan; also there is a discount for other insurance but those are harder to quantify.
The insurance is national so your location in Portugal doesn't matter.
Other services are by phone.
They do a lot of social events and meets in the Algarve, I think only a minority of members go to those. I've never been to one. I've only been to their office once, because I was in the area for other work.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I'm also a member purely for the health insurance plan; also there is a discount for other insurance but those are harder to quantify.
The insurance is national so your location in Portugal doesn't matter.
Other services are by phone.
They do a lot of social events and meets in the Algarve, I think only a minority of members go to those. I've never been to one. I've only been to their office once, because I was in the area for other work.

Not a minority Live about 80 of us turned up to the Luz lunch the other week.. The western Algarve group is quite active
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how many members there are in the western Algarve; more than 160 I suspect.
80 would be a minority if that is so.
Anyway, glad to hear you're having fun!
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I don't know how many members there are in the western Algarve; more than 160 I suspect.
80 would be a minority if that is so.
Anyway, glad to hear you're having fun!

There are 571 members divided into western/central and eastern Algarve. We have about 100 in the western bit ,which is the area I was talking about.

There is to be a new initiative taken in the North of Portugal very soon ,probably based around Cascais
Old Feb 4th 2016, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

In the East, we have over 100 members attending some of the dinners and there is often a waiting list for Christmas functions. Linda Cree runs the activities and functions well and we are lucky to have such a devoted leader. The health policy arranged by Medal Insurance for AFPOP members is my favourite benefit. You can't beat it for private health insurance.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BillBullock
In the East, we have over 100 members attending some of the dinners and there is often a waiting list for Christmas functions. Linda Cree runs the activities and functions well and we are lucky to have such a devoted leader. The health policy arranged by Medal Insurance for AFPOP members is my favourite benefit. You can't beat it for private health insurance.
We have Pat Allen at our end Bill ,like you feel very lucky to have such a good organiser and devoted volunteer. We have just attended one of their popular seminars on taxation! Trying to keep up with the regular changes in Government policy is important for us ex-pats. In this regard AFPOP also do a stirling job
Old Feb 5th 2016, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GeniB
There are 571 members divided into western/central and eastern Algarve. We have about 100 in the western bit ,which is the area I was talking about.

There is to be a new initiative taken in the North of Portugal very soon ,probably based around Cascais
Cascais is Lisbon.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 6:04 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
North - Cascais????????????????
Old Feb 5th 2016, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Cascais is Lisbon.

OK you guys !! Do I call it central? west coast? lol It's all north to me
Old Feb 5th 2016, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Cascais is 284km from albufeira and 517km from Bragança in the "north". Cascais is more south than central never mind north, but I would let you off the hook with central!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.