Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Isolation for U.K. arrivals

Wikiposts

Isolation for U.K. arrivals

Old Jul 6th 2021, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isolation for U.K. arrivals

I'm assuming this doesn't apply to those who are residents,even though they aren't required to get their passport stamped.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to those who are residents,even though they aren't required to get their passport stamped.
No, doesn’t apply to residents. Looks like the council lady helping me has found out it does apply to U.K. residents even up to 90 days, as she has come back to me with advice from the local SEF boss to send an email in a specific format to a particular SEF email address. However she’s been told to advise me that although in the email I’ll be requesting an appointment, they won’t reply and I won’t get an appointment as currently there are none, but SEF will at least have an email as proof that we did request to start the process correctly. Jeez...
Old Jul 6th 2021, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
No, doesn’t apply to residents. Looks like the council lady helping me has found out it does apply to U.K. residents even up to 90 days, as she has come back to me with advice from the local SEF boss to send an email in a specific format to a particular SEF email address. However she’s been told to advise me that although in the email I’ll be requesting an appointment, they won’t reply and I won’t get an appointment as currently there are none, but SEF will at least have an email as proof that we did request to start the process correctly. Jeez...
Remember that SEF are being disbanded and at best the staff may be reshuffled to different organisations so I suspect there are no appointments because there is no-one designated, nor office designated, to function for appointments to the public. It is essentially a cock-up done at the worst possible time for us, all stemming back to historical problems with immigration, but totally wrecking the system post-Brexit for us (and everybody else).
Old Jul 6th 2021, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

From Safe Communities on Facebook today - things are not going well at SEF

Safe Communities Portugal

·

SEF INSPECTORS ANNOUNCE STRIKE AND PROTEST AT THE ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC THIS FRIDAY 9TH JULY 2021
Lisbon, 07 July 2021 (Lusa) – The union representing the SEF inspectors announced today a strike and a demonstration at the Assembly of the Republic for Friday 9th July, when the Government's proposal to “extinguish” this security service is debated.
“Scheduling the extinction of the Aliens and Borders Service for the plenary of the Assembly of the Republic on July 9th leads the Union of the Investigation and Inspection Career of the Aliens and Borders Service to announce a new strike and a demonstration outside the parliament the same day, in a note sent to Lusa.
The Union of Investigation and Inspection Career of the Aliens and Borders Service (SCIF/SEF) states that the strike is decreed in all workplaces, so that, between 00:00 and 24:00 on Friday, “all service activity will be suspended”, with only minimum services being maintained.
The Government's proposed law that defines the transfer of police powers from the Foreigners and Borders Service to the PSP, GNR and Judiciary Police, changes made in the scope of the restructuring of the SEF, will be discussed in parliament on Friday.
The union considers that the proposal that the Government will take to the Assembly of the Republic "to extinguish the SEF divides critical information into pieces, politicizes access to data, militarizes and criminalizes immigration even more", calling on opposition parties not to let go of one of the worst laws ever put forward”.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
From Safe Communities on Facebook today - things are not going well at SEF

Safe Communities Portugal

=AZV9JqKZ7BuVICKN5SfkSRAPwZPhVou9E8pVXFCXUZ0eQ6ZLt IcJhoHOgPuK9N8z7v4P1M0wlf9f7MZefyDjsbewTucN9I5j8Ob YIERkFTUGGlzh5DjWTLeIigvc_UX2wPuSbmmlU0VmzU84GctwH t8GoqECP1NiacDDTsowtmBt8Tsiz7IdRo9L3kEjjvOGTTg&__t n__=%2CO%2CP-R]3stSponsorhdedea ·
SEF INSPECTORS ANNOUNCE STRIKE AND PROTEST AT THE ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC THIS FRIDAY 9TH JULY 2021
Lisbon, 07 July 2021 (Lusa) – The union representing the SEF inspectors announced today a strike and a demonstration at the Assembly of the Republic for Friday 9th July, when the Government's proposal to “extinguish” this security service is debated.
“Scheduling the extinction of the Aliens and Borders Service for the plenary of the Assembly of the Republic on July 9th leads the Union of the Investigation and Inspection Career of the Aliens and Borders Service to announce a new strike and a demonstration outside the parliament the same day, in a note sent to Lusa.
The Union of Investigation and Inspection Career of the Aliens and Borders Service (SCIF/SEF) states that the strike is decreed in all workplaces, so that, between 00:00 and 24:00 on Friday, “all service activity will be suspended”, with only minimum services being maintained.
The Government's proposed law that defines the transfer of police powers from the Foreigners and Borders Service to the PSP, GNR and Judiciary Police, changes made in the scope of the restructuring of the SEF, will be discussed in parliament on Friday.
The union considers that the proposal that the Government will take to the Assembly of the Republic "to extinguish the SEF divides critical information into pieces, politicizes access to data, militarizes and criminalizes immigration even more", calling on opposition parties not to let go of one of the worst laws ever put forward”.
They might have a more effective day on Friday by using the time for appointments and showing their usefulness...
Old Jul 7th 2021, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
They might have a more effective day on Friday by using the time for appointments and showing their usefulness...
Indeed !!!