Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Isolation for U.K. arrivals

Wikiposts

Isolation for U.K. arrivals

Old Jun 28th 2021, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isolation for U.K. arrivals

Originally Posted by chislenko
Pilot: So if Portugal now accepts double jabbed people without a test do the airlines accept that for flights to Portugal or do you still need a negative test to board the plane?

I get more confused by the day šŸ˜Ÿ
Sadly part of the confusion as nobody knows yet.... So for today they are asking to see double jab certificate AND covid tests
Old Jun 28th 2021, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Just been over on the Spain forum and read that Spain is changing entry rules for Brits and will require PCR test or vaccination certificate. Have asked the question there but does anyone here know when that change begins?
Old Jun 29th 2021, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Still lots of confusion so not much of an update.

PT official websites say antigen test still required even if double jab.
However at least 2 airlines have stopped checking or asking for test if you prove double jab.

Paper booklet and NHS app both being accepted as proof currently by pt and airlines.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

update via the BBC - https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57656808 - extract ...Under-18s travelling to mainland Portugal with a fully vaccinated parent or guardian will not have to quarantine, authorities have confirmed.

The statement follows two days of confusion over whether Portugal's new rules applied to minors.

Under the rules, adults must quarantine for 14 days unless they can prove they received their second vaccine dose a fortnight before arrival.

But children aged 12 and over do have to show a negative Covid-19 test.

This must either be an RT-PCR test taken 72 hours before their departure, or a lateral flow test taken 48 hours before their departure.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
update via the BBC - https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57656808 - extract ...Under-18s travelling to mainland Portugal with a fully vaccinated parent or guardian will not have to quarantine, authorities have confirmed.

The statement follows two days of confusion over whether Portugal's new rules applied to minors.

Under the rules, adults must quarantine for 14 days unless they can prove they received their second vaccine dose a fortnight before arrival.

But children aged 12 and over do have to show a negative Covid-19 test.

This must either be an RT-PCR test taken 72 hours before their departure, or a lateral flow test taken 48 hours before their departure.
And to add to that - on Safe Communities on Facebook this morning we have confirmation from official source ...
<We have been in close contact with the British Consular team (British Embassy) since Sunday night and thank them because, clearly, they need answers as well and are trying their best to clarify certain points with the Portuguese Government.
The fact that the notice was so short and information incomplete, does not in our view reflect well on the Portuguese Government communication in issues such as this.
The latest on this is that the Tourism de Portugal Government website site ā€œVisit Portugalā€ updated their information last night their information which states that ā€œChildren under the age of 18 do not need to be isolated as long as the accompanying adults have provided proof of full vaccination for at least 14 daysā€. As this news is on the official Government tourism website, which has been widely shared, we have therefore shared this as an update, subject to any further news.
EASY JET this morning has also amended their information to passengers that ā€œā€Minors travelling with fully vaccinated passengers will be exempt from quarantineā€>
Old Jun 29th 2021, 10:59 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

So as I understand it, at this writing, ( Weds 30th noon ) there is still a requirement for adults with double vaccination proof to ALSO provide the Covid test result from a swab taken 48 hrs prior to travel ?

Is there any hint in the wind as to whether they are planning to abolish the testing requirement for arrivals from UK with proof of double vacc ?

Is there a date on which an announcement is expected about this ? Or has Frau Merkel put the frighteners on them ?
Old Jun 30th 2021, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

The science ! As far as I am aware, those people who are double vaccinated can still contract covid but are less likely to die or end up in hospital but they can still transmit covid, so asking for such details at passport control will not stop the virus spreading.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point

The goal post changes all the time. It is so frustrating

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...74632.html?amp

Old Jul 1st 2021, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

So my parents crossed the border between Spain and Portugal and Vilar Formoso (Guarda) at about 9pm yesterday evening. Nobody to be seen at the border. They stopped but no-one there. So they just carried on in, didnā€™t show passport or vaccination certificates. Now in the process of trying to declare their entry into Pt with SEF thanks to Brexit, except I get the feeling from a couple of emails and calls today that nobody there is too sure how to do that in practice. I thought we needed an appointment to attend our nearest SEF bureau with the required completed form (which I canā€™t find on their website) and passports, but according to the SEF people Iā€™ve contacted, this isnā€™t the case. Iā€™ve been given yet another email address to contact and have sent copies of their passports and Covid vax certs, although including those was at my suggestion. I think this might be one of those laws that in practice is a bit ā€˜greyā€™...
Old Jul 1st 2021, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/impressos-online.aspx

Only clouds are gray. Just that some laws cant be always enforced, due to extraordinary circumstances.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EU.flag
https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/impressos-online.aspx

Only clouds are gray. Just that some laws cant be always enforced, due to extraordinary circumstances.
Thank you very much for the link. I really tried to find it but clearly couldnā€™t see for looking! However, getting the required appointment at our SEF office is proving more of a problem. Local office repeatedly tell me we have to have an appointment but they canā€™t book it, but the email address they refer me to is yet to respond, and I have had 2 different answers from the number they give me: 1 - no, they canā€™t make an appointment for us, email [email protected] (which I do and inc copies of passports and vax certs, although sceptical that this is correct as Siba deals with hotels and lodgings, no reply from them yet anyway); 2 - I call again today and am told that the info yesterday about Siba is indeed incorrect, hereā€™s a direct number for scheduling appointments...does that number work? Does it ā€˜eck! So I email our local SEF again to explain the problems Iā€™m having and how AfAIK my parents have until Monday to not be breaking the law, and all they do is forward my email to the central SEF office that they already gave me and has already not responded to me.

But Iā€™ll print off that form in hope of an appointment eventually. Jeez, they just want to hand over a form and show their passports.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

So, yesterday - last day of the 3 working days within which to declare entry into Pt - we went to the nearest SEF office an hr away, the one that canā€™t themselves book us the required appointment to see them. I had continued to call the provided ā€˜bookingā€™ number through the morning but every time the msg that they ā€œare sorry they canā€™t take our call, hereā€™s the websiteā€; no option to hold. Eventually found the SEF office before closing time but the doorman told us they were already closed. When I pointed out it was not yet 4pm, he said we need an appointment. Anyway, I explained the various calls and emails, that we had tried our very best and then some to get an appointment and that after today my parents are no longer complying with the letter of the law. He just said ā€œkeep tryingā€. He wouldnā€™t even take the forms and document copies I had already printed for them - in expectation of this - so say I need an appointment for that, too...for handing over post! We ended up taking a photo of my Mum & Dad outside SEF holding up their declaration forms, passports and vax certs. I guess weā€™ll wait for one of those emails to finally respond. If we ever get an appointment I will not be in the slightest surprised when itā€™s pointed out this should have been done within 3 working days. No wonder this shower of clowns is being somewhat disbanded. By far the worst ā€˜officialā€™ experience Iā€™ve ever had in Pt.
By contrast the council offices nearby let us in and bent over backwards trying to help us with the problem, directed us - actually walked with us - to the offices of the dept that interfaces with SEF, who took my contact details to schedule us an appointment with the person responsible to come in and see if they can help.

Has anyone on here ever actually got through this Declaration of Entry process? I think the lesson learned is donā€™t cross into Pt by land after office hours when the border post is unmanned...

Last edited by Mac and Mabel; Jul 5th 2021 at 8:51 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

The underlying thought here is maybe they just can't be bothered or don't care. You have tried tremendously hard to do the right thing,so just forget about it .You have proof of your dealings with them. Really don't think many people entering PT via land have ever tried to register. Didn't even know you had to until a couple of years ago. Just drove in and got on with it.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Really don't think many people entering PT via land have ever tried to register. Didn't even know you had to until a couple of years ago. Just drove in and got on with it.
Until I read this thread I too had never heard of it and have crossed the land border many times. I would imagine only a small percentage of people would know about it.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

I only heard about it on here recently. My understanding is itā€™s a Brexit thing - when the U.K. was in the EU British citizens didnā€™t have to do this, even if their passport wasnā€™t checked at a border post. Itā€™s because weā€™re now a third country. The information about this Declaration of Entry process on the SEF website still includes U.K. as one of the countries whose citizens are exempt from the process, but I was informed on here that that has not been updated since Brexit and UK is no longer exempt. However, the immigrants and ethnic minorities support officer at our council has just emailed me to say she believes that U.K. citizens donā€™t need to do this up to 90 days but she is going to double-check with SEF. Iā€™ll report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.