Intelsat 907?

Old May 7th 2019, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Intelsat 907?

I can't help with your particular STB. Satpimps website is worth looking at/joining if you haven't already. It is a great resource for these sorts of hiccups.

You should be able to quickly confirm whether or not the settings are correct etc but if you have successfully flashed the box as you say then unless the software is really old it should be fine (the codes etc, haven't changed for years). . Is it that the channels don't appear after a scan? ........ possibly stupid question but are you sure your dish is aligned on the correct satellite? There is one very close which obviously wouldn't work!
Old May 7th 2019, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

amt200 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I am having difficulty locating intelsat 907 I have put a new 80cm dish up with a new Opticum LNB set it on Freesat and the signal is end stopping on my WS-6906 Sat meter 100% signal 80% quality.
Moved the dish to 212 deg mag and set the elevation to 24 deg (as per Satfinder)and the meter to 11495 and 44100 sym. and V pol.
The pole is vertical within a degree.
Can’t find a sniff of signal have moved the azimuth + – 20 deg and the elevation + – 10 deg.
Getting desperate I guess it should be a strong signal in the UK tried a second LNB no change so decided to try to pre-load all the info into the sat box and try to find a signal on that.
Old May 7th 2019, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

amt200 - Are you in the UK?
Old May 7th 2019, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Yes at the moment will re-locate the box to the new house in the Algarve in 2 weeks
Old May 7th 2019, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

If you fail to set up your receiver before coming to the Algarve, I have a man who could probably help you. He lives near Olhão in the Eastern Algarve. Also, a guy called Trevor might help you; he lives in Tavira.
Old May 7th 2019, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Satpimps forum can be found at bbc satback on Blade 7000s
Old May 7th 2019, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

aaaah...... then maybe ignore my comment on nearby satellite, though perhaps not, don't know the various satellite footprints in the UK. In the algarve, Hipasat 30W is close and a strong/easy to find/confusing signal. 80cm should be okay here and definitely more than enough in the UK! Indeed your level and quality numbers are way better than I would expect/get with my 80/90cm here and I have no problems. Sorry cannot help much with your box or your satfinder gizmo but again better than the one I have. I have also used my STB in my sat finding endeavours.

Can be a real pain troubleshooting / fault finding these things with so many variables/unknowns.

Bill's point about "resources" here in the Algarve is a good one ...a number of people who can align a dish for a (usually) small fee if needed, which at least would clear one unknown here.

Is it too late to get a fleabay cheapo icecrypt s1600chd or s1600chdse ..(others available!).... not great boxes but they work and really easy to flash with firmware / get up and running whilst you play with/resolve your other box?
Old May 7th 2019, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately the Isocrypt S1600 CHD is no longer available and the company has ceased trading. I hope my 2 receivers keep going a long time. What other receivers work as well as the Isocrypt I wonder?
Old May 8th 2019, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I have a VU+ that worked for 10 years, until last week when it went dark.
Maybe I can fix it.
The VU is a programable box, and can decode 907 but as you say, it took a while to get it to work.
A lot of forums ban any discussion of decryption, because there has been legal trouble for some sites in the past.
Old May 8th 2019, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Unfortunately the Isocrypt S1600 CHD is no longer available and the company has ceased trading. I hope my 2 receivers keep going a long time. What other receivers work as well as the Isocrypt I wonder?
Sorry for the delay just flown to Cyprus for a few days. I found a channel list for my box as I was leaving yesterday also a channel editor so will have a go next week on my return.

Old May 8th 2019, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

The annoying thing about not finding intelsat 907 is that I was playing wth a motorised 2 meter dish 25 years ago and could find almost anything from the armchair not balanced on a ladder with a sat meter with a built in decoder and screen.

Old May 16th 2019, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Back on the case today have found a channel list for intelsat 907 downloaded clarke tech editor loaded the list and it gives all the correct correct VPID and APID's imported the list to the Blade and the box now lists all the SATBACK channels other than inserting the biss codes did you have to do anything else on your boxes?
Old May 16th 2019, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Following the alignment of the dish and the entry of the BISS codes, I had to do the following actions which I have copied from an email of mine to someone last year:

In the menu, select INSTALLATION then SATELITE INSTALLATION.
You should be looking at the blue satellite installation screen with “32 Intelsat907 37.5” selected in the top right-hand box.
Press the GREEN button on the remote control. A blue display appears.
Using the up/down buttons on the remote control, select SCAN TYPE, and on the right-hand side select BLIND SCAN using the right button on the remote.
Select PID SEARCH, and on the right-hand side select BBC using the right button on the remote.
Select OK TO SEARCH. Then press OK on the remote.
The receiver will search for and download the channels and, at the end of the search, they will be saved.
Press MENU button until you return to the TV. Then press OK on the remote control.

Whether or not this applies to your box, I don't know but good luck.
Old May 16th 2019, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks should be in the Algarve by Wednesday will hopefully have the keys for the new house by Thursday then off to find a dish I think an 80cm should do it.
Old May 17th 2019, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Good news!

.......don't forget i907 also carries BBC radio channels as well. Currently listening to Radio 4 using my 80cm dish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.