Import car

Old Jul 22nd 2021, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Import car

Originally Posted by riv
I'm in Eastern Algarve. Know any good Agency ? Up to a point I am prepared to 'bite the bullet' on what I regard as mad taxes, as the alternative is to haul it back to the UK and all that palaver . I just don't think I would get a car in similar condition here for six grand..........Leastways I don't know how to go about it.

At least with the Clio I know it's in v good condition and might well last another five years without trouble. Plus it's here already ! Just needs the Plates, lol.

What i don't want is to engage an Agency which takes a couple of grand off me to start the process and then finds out half way through that there 's some technical or other reason why it can't be done. ? Changing the headlights ?
I used Faotir in Faro : https://www.faotir.com.pt/en several years ago and the cost was €400,-
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

Yes, I would second Loafing Alongs referall, Faotir are good. I,ve used them in the past and recommended to friends who have been happy with their service.
If you ask for George I,m sure he,ll be able to sort things out for you. He is very experienced, and speaks good English
They are not cheap but I consider them good value for money.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pilou
Thanks!
We just bought a car in France with the purpose to use the car in France during our holidays. But we were curious to see what it would cost to import the car and sell our car on Portugese plates. The cost were more than 2500 EUR and that is a lot of money.
It,s all about the emissions !
As you,ve probably noticed, the formula for import fees is calculated on age, engine capacity, and emission rating.
If you look for something with low emission rating, Import costs can be acceptable.
I bought a 2 year old Peugeot 2008 in France a couple of years ago. The 1200 pure tech petrol engine has a 110gms per km rating and ended up costing just over 500€ to import, which I found acceptable.
It worked out about 1500€ cheaper than buying the same car in Portugal

Old Jul 23rd 2021, 9:52 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the two faotir recommendations. Will try.