Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

How do I do this?

How do I do this?

Old Sep 4th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I do this?

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
was he a member of the unit based in Poole, in which case it does not surprise me just a walk in the park to those guys!
Yes
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I purchased expensive fishing equipment that I brought with me to enjoy my favourite pastime. Lure fishing in the sea.
Now I hear that foreign residents must travel to Lisbon to buy a licence!!
Locals can buy a licence from a Multibanco using their National ID number but we can't.
Have I got it wrong? If I have then so has AFPOP.

Last edited by Ukkram; Sep 19th 2014 at 7:29 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a PT bank account, you can get it at any multibanco machine.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Ive seen detailed instructions on how to do this at a Multibanco somewhere. I'll try and find it again. If I remember correctly it said you can enter your passport number instead of your ID number and it will except it even though the number is shorter.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Posted by The_Hog on 6th May 2010...
Fishing licences from Multibancos -
Insert card and enter PIN as normal
1st screen - select Estado e Sector Publico
2nd screen - select Pagamento as Estado
3rd screen - select Licenciamento de Pesca Lucida
4th screen - select Pesca Apeada for shore fishing, Pesca de Embarcacao for boat fishing or Pesca submarina
5th screen - Select Local or Nacional. Local is much cheaper and covers your immediate area and the two either side
6th screen - this lists the areas and you can go through a number of screens until you reach your area. This screen doesn't appear if you have selected Nacional
7th screen - Select 1 mes, 1 ano or 3 anos for a 1 month, 1 year or 3 year licence
8th screen - enter your ID card number or your UK passport number and select Confirmar (note that there are 10 spaces but it still accepts a 9 digit passport number)
9th screen - this is optional but I entered my Contribution number from my Fiscal Card then Confirmar
10th screen - enter your phone number. Again this is not mandatory but, as it prints out on the licence, it may be useful if you were to have an accident
11th screen will display everything you've entered - assuming it's correct press Confirmar
Job done.
Now you just got to catch the little B*ggers!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

The licence comes out of the machine printed on heat print paper which fades quickly, so it's a good idea to scan it and save it to your computer and also print on an ink printer and keep that copy with you.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Thanks guys and thank you Alice for your detailed instructions. I printed it and will give it a go when the rain eventually stops here.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now to apply for residencia. We have been here for 3 months now so have 30 days grace.
Just waiting for Medal to get back to us with a quote for health insurance with Allianz.

For me, it is simply a matter of going to the Camara Municipal and signing stuff. No proof needed for medical, funds and accommodation. I have a EU member state passport. I will get a 5 year residencia.

My wife as a non EU member must go to the local SEF office (with appointment) and give proof of funds, medical insurance and accommodation. Plus proof of marriage and 2 ID photos. She will then get 2 year residencia.

Is it still the same or have things changed?
Old Sep 20th 2014, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

The friend of mine that I told you about before (with the Mostwanan wife) has just got her visa and they gave her 5 years.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Next question that has me baffled.
At our local Continente Supermarket there is a machine at the entrance that locals love.
They scan their card and out pops little papers with 5%, 10%, 25% etc.
What is this? I am in the very North and not one Continente employees can speak English so I cannot ask for help. There are also buttons for fish, frozen goods and other stuff.
These are handed in at the teller and they get discounts.
How does this work?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:20 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You need a Continente card which is a loyalty card, points etc are credited against your shopping.
You need a local address, just go to customer services.
There are two types of discount, some are taken off your bill and others are added to you discount total which you can take at the check out .
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have a Continente Card and always have it swipped and get no discount. The guys using the machine at the entrance seem to score but I don't know how to use it.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:59 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get the monthly discount vouchers posted to you ?
You do not get the discount at the till., it shows up as an accumulated amount which you can take when you want.
Look at your receipts.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Continente Card. - You don't necessarily need a PT address, although you won't get any postal offers if you don't. The discounts accumulate on the card which you can reclaim at the till the next time you shop (or save up until Xmas)
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

We don't have a machine like that at our Continente, we get posted vouchers every month instead. Are you sure the machine at the entrance isn't to get advance tickets for the fish, meat and other counters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.