Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

How to contact ambulance service?

How to contact ambulance service?

Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to contact ambulance service?

If the arm is turning blue Ukkram you MUST seek medical attention NOW. This indicates loss of oxygen to the blood in the arm. You have to take this seriously now..
Old Aug 24th 2015, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GeniB
If the arm is turning blue Ukkram you MUST seek medical attention NOW. This indicates loss of oxygen to the blood in the arm. You have to take this seriously now..
I just got back from the hospital to get my script corrected and the doctor on duty happened to be a Canadian. She explained that if the hand is as warm as the good hand and if the fingernail is pressed until it turns white and returns to normal quickly when released then the blue colour is from contusion of tissue from falling on it.

This might put a hold on our tour of Wales and the Cotswold next month though.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

sounding more like bruising now UKk..Puzzled as to why you wife didn't go with you though?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm happy to be wrong, I bow to the opinion of the doctor.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to be wrong too - but blue? not black, yellow, pink, green?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I have had injuries with all colours of the rainbow and they all eventually turned blue before they healed. Think back to where you were young.
I did ask her to come with me but she refused. I know that a clot can form from a contused bruise and this morning had me rather afraid.
She normally gets up at around 7 to 8 am but this morning she was still asleep at 9 and I had to build up courage to go and see if she was ... well, still alive.
Scary pants me, eventually gained enough courage to sneak in and feel her cheek. I did this after much thought on how to tell the children and who to contact if need be.
Thankfully, as I touched her cheek she sprang to life and admonished me for not waking her earlier.