Horse fly

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse fly

I personally prefer to do as little as possible to it. LOL!

The whole thing has been a bit of a stuff up really....... the fields weren't too bad to start with and I thought I'd arranged for a local farmer to come in with his tractor and topper to just cut the grass for me but something got lost in translation and everything got rotovated instead so now the land is full of weeds, all up and down and soft as hell.

I'm hoping I can someone to come in during the autumn and straighten it all out & flatten it down so I can get some kind of proper lawn or wildflower meadow set up....... then I can either mow it with a ride on mower or put some kind of animals in to keep it short.

I don't have or want the knowledge to farm it and don't seem to be able to find anyone willing to farm it for free.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

mowing grass dosen't seem to be part of the culture here; that's why there are so few machines available and I ended up buying mine from ebay UK [sight unseen].

Some farmers will have grass cutters for hay cutting, but they're made to leave the cut grass as long as possible for later bailing. The opposite of what you want.

I plowed my fields, then seeded, raked, and rolled them [I made a roller from old propane bottles]. I put in 23 big retractable sprayers on about 500M of buried tube.
The mowing would be fast if it weren't for the trees and bushes. I get in big trouble when I accidentally wipe one out...

Rake and roll;

Major mower [made by Major agricultural machines, UK] I made the rear castor wheels from old propane bottles I bought at the Barao flea market.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

That's a nice bit of kit you've got there and I need to find someone who can come in and do as you describe......... the search will continue.