Hello and help!

Old Jul 5th 2017, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice
Default Re: Hello and help!

Hi Gill
I will be in Olhao soon until the end of August, if you are in the area let's meet up and have a chat over a cold beer and some snail tapas.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

I am sure many of you know that Olhas da Agua, Olhao and Oura (Albufeira where the recent incident occurred) are three distinct and separate places all on the same coastline and are kilometers apart.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SilviaAlgarve
Hi Gill
I will be in Olhao soon until the end of August, if you are in the area let's meet up and have a chat over a cold beer and some snail tapas.
Silva that's really kind of you but unfortunately I go back to UK on Saturday. I've already got another trip planned for early October but nothing else as yet. I may well pop over again sooner if there are more properties to view - if I do I'll ping you over a message. Thank you.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherrypop
Silva that's really kind of you but unfortunately I go back to UK on Saturday. I've already got another trip planned for early October but nothing else as yet. I may well pop over again sooner if there are more properties to view - if I do I'll ping you over a message. Thank you.
There is a shortage of properties certainly at the lower end of the price range.
Times have changed,In April an agent we know showed two villas to a client who said she would return in early June with her husband.
Both had sold by the time of their second visit.
Two small houses in Silves sold for the asking price within a short time of being listed.
The Algarve is now an international market, Brits are no longer dominant and it is certainly not the buyers market it was.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EMR
There is a shortage of properties certainly at the lower end of the price range.
Times have changed,In April an agent we know showed two villas to a client who said she would return in early June with her husband.
Both had sold by the time of their second visit.
Two small houses in Silves sold for the asking price within a short time of being listed.
The Algarve is now an international market, Brits are no longer dominant and it is certainly not the buyers market it was.
That has become very evident to me this week. Although I've been shown lots of properties, few have been places I could think of as home. Location really is my priority because while I can change things in a house I can't change where it is.

I'm still very tempted to make an offer on the Paderne house. They plan to be in it until October so perhaps we could do a deal? We'll see!
Old Jul 7th 2017, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
With respect, Ohlos de aqua is as far from party central as you can get.
It is nowhere near the infamous strip or bar streets in Albufeira.
It is a small resort close to Albufeira but nothing like it.
With equal respect it wasn't too nice when we were there two months ago

but as with everything it is a matter of taste. We rented there 30 yrs ago and it was indeed a quiet resort.. I didn't recognise it.this time around

..The poster is advised to 'try before you buy' There are some lovely quiet area's of Albufeira but I personally wouldn't take the risk...
Old Jul 7th 2017, 5:37 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
With equal respect it wasn't too nice when we were there two months ago

but as with everything it is a matter of taste. We rented there 30 yrs ago and it was indeed a quiet resort.. I didn't recognise it.this time around

..The poster is advised to 'try before you buy' There are some lovely quiet area's of Albufeira but I personally wouldn't take the risk...
30 years ago the Algarve was a very different place.
We also first visited in the late 70s.
Everywhere is different today to what it was then.