Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The Grand Old Duke of York at Faro Airport

The Grand Old Duke of York at Faro Airport

Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lentisc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Grand Old Duke of York at Faro Airport

He must have designed the new airport layout. On the departure side they make you go through passport control, then up two flights of stairs, just to descend down two flights to the plane.

Now to get into the arrivals lounge, yes you guessed it, disembark off the plane, up two flights of stairs then down two flights to passport control.

A lot of the passengers on my last flight were finding it difficult up all those stairs.

The layout of the revamped Faro Airport is causing a lot of anger for Passengers and Drivers alike.

I cannot see the logic of it all and see no end to the frustration.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 7:22 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grand Old Duke of York at Faro Airport

Originally Posted by Lentisc
He must have designed the new airport layout. On the departure side they make you go through passport control, then up two flights of stairs, just to descend down two flights to the plane.

Now to get into the arrivals lounge, yes you guessed it, disembark off the plane, up two flights of stairs then down two flights to passport control.

A lot of the passengers on my last flight were finding it difficult up all those stairs.

The layout of the revamped Faro Airport is causing a lot of anger for Passengers and Drivers alike.

I cannot see the logic of it all and see no end to the frustration.
You may have noticed the building work going on,part of the departure lounge is being re built.
The escalators should be working, they usually are.
In ovef 10 years of usung the airport I have notheard many complaints about the layout.
Some people just like to moan.
I am looking forward to seeing the New Terminal up and running next year.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Saz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really nice
Default Re: The Grand Old Duke of York at Faro Airport

I agree with EMR, surely the design you are mentioning is the one that has been in place for ages. We have been coming over for the past twenty years and have always had to go up stairs and down escalators in departures. When arriving, unless you get off the plane onto a bus which takes you to directly to the arrivals, there are steps and escalators. And lifts. Time will tell what the new look will be. To be fair, Gatwick North makes Faro look like a walk in the Park . . . .