General Election

Old Oct 28th 2019, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute
Default General Election

This post on Twitter advises that, in the event of a December election, there will not be time to send postal ballots. Advises apply for proxy vote:
Old Oct 30th 2019, 12:48 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election

I had a proxy vote which I got my father to do for me in Wandsworth, where my UK last address was.

I was notified after the election that Wandsworth discarded my vote because they said his signature didn't match his signature.

So at the last election, I did a postal vote and I will do the same again.

I think they will use any excuse either way to try to discard votes from EU residents, because they assume a disproportionately high number of those voters will be anti-brexit. We saw at the euro elections that large numbers of EU voters were wrongly turned away too, despite warnings beforehand this would happen, nothing was done. The new ID rules are similarly gerrymandering of the US kind. They could disenfranchise 3m people, but there were only a handful of cases of voter impersonation recorded at the last election.

I have no faith left in the democratic processes in the UK, the majority of people there it seems want to be poorer if that is what it takes to stick it to foreigners. Happy to be here but sad to be watching the UK losing influence and wealth chasing such things.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 3:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
I had a proxy vote which I got my father to do for me in Wandsworth, where my UK last address was.

I was notified after the election that Wandsworth discarded my vote because they said his signature didn't match his signature.

So at the last election, I did a postal vote and I will do the same again.

I think they will use any excuse either way to try to discard votes from EU residents, because they assume a disproportionately high number of those voters will be anti-brexit. We saw at the euro elections that large numbers of EU voters were wrongly turned away too, despite warnings beforehand this would happen, nothing was done. The new ID rules are similarly gerrymandering of the US kind. They could disenfranchise 3m people, but there were only a handful of cases of voter impersonation recorded at the last election.

I have no faith left in the democratic processes in the UK, the majority of people there it seems want to be poorer if that is what it takes to stick it to foreigners. Happy to be here but sad to be watching the UK losing influence and wealth chasing such things.
The ID requirement will not be in place for this GE, postal votes may be a problem because they can't be mailed out until closure of the caandidate list, then they are sent out the next day, ghis is aleady in hand with envelpoes readied, HOWEVER, once they have left the UK they have to rely on the local postal service which can be good, or bad.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack

I think they will use any excuse either way to try to discard votes from EU residents,.
I believe all the voters in the UK are at the moment EU residents.