Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Flying UK - Portugal

Flying UK - Portugal

Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying UK - Portugal

Originally Posted by bons
Out of interest, which flavour jabs did you have?
Pfizer
Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wellinever
Pfizer
Has anyone in Portugal been given the astrazeneca vaccine?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, lots
Old Jun 24th 2021, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

friend of mine had the Johnson one jab a couple weeks ago
Old Jun 24th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

As a resident of Portugal and holder of Portuguese vaccination certificate (DGS) showing final jab in May, am I exempt from a Pre flight covid test when flying from UK to Portugal mainland?

Up early as usual cant get used to the early sun in summer in England.
Quote from the HM Govt UK site - latest has not changed, but Portugal is due to update its status on restrictions today sometime so there may be changes imminently. However in view of the state of the UK with the Delta and its variants it would be prudent for Portugal still to insist on some sort of testing as the vaccinations do not stop you carrying the infection, only stop you yourself getting as ill with it as you would if not vaccinated.
quote - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Screening on arrival

With the exception of children up to the age of 12, you must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test to travel to or through Portugal. The test can be:
You must show your test certificate before you board your flight to Portugal. Your airline is likely to deny boarding if you cannot show this at check-in. Check with your airline before you travel.

Old Jun 24th 2021, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes..seen that but just wondered.
i see flights from Stansted with Ryanair for 10 euros all through June and July.
My guess is that Portugal will allow double jabbed and kids in without testing.
Clearly nobody flying even at these prices
Old Jun 24th 2021, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

my wife had the second astra today 10 weeks between jabs
Old Jun 25th 2021, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

We did Open House at Silves yesterday and got first Pfizer, second booked for 22 July.

Old Jun 25th 2021, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Quote from the HM Govt UK site - latest has not changed, but Portugal is due to update its status on restrictions today sometime so there may be changes imminently. However in view of the state of the UK with the Delta and its variants it would be prudent for Portugal still to insist on some sort of testing as the vaccinations do not stop you carrying the infection, only stop you yourself getting as ill with it as you would if not vaccinated.
quote - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Screening on arrival

With the exception of children up to the age of 12, you must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test to travel to or through Portugal. The test can be:You must show your test certificate before you board your flight to Portugal. Your airline is likely to deny boarding if you cannot show this at check-in. Check with your airline before you travel.
Did I see somewhere on the news Mr. Costa aligning Portugal with France and Germany about quarantine for Brits?
Old Jun 26th 2021, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL...but its OK for the Germans to go to Portugal/Spain without quarantine I suppose !!!!
Old Jun 26th 2021, 6:14 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

LOL...but its OK for the Germans to go to Portugal/Spain without quarantine I suppose !!!!
Germany now has Portugal on their red list, thanks to the Delta variant we imported from the UK. All arrivees to Germany from here are obliged to do 14 days' quarantine.

Not the same the other way round, no, because Germany's rate is much lower than Portugal's and declining, whereas ours, like the UK's, is high and rocketing upwards.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:41 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I have never understood why there has not been more of an effort to get the whole population ( UK as well as Portugal ) vaccinated much much sooner.
If Israel could do it why not UK / Portugal ? Put the military in charge and vaccinate through the night as well as daytime.

Does anyone know if there is a known date by which all Portuguese will have been vaccinated ? Or adults at least. ?

Is Lisbon still off limits for visits ? If so is there a likely date for that to end ?
Old Jun 26th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
I have never understood why there has not been more of an effort to get the whole population ( UK as well as Portugal ) vaccinated much much sooner.
If Israel could do it why not UK / Portugal ? Put the military in charge and vaccinate through the night as well as daytime.
Interesting point. I now wonder if supply is an issue. From the heady heights of 700 to 800 thousand a day in the UK the latest figures show we are achieving roughly a third of that.

Reading the other day that some "mass Vaccination" sites will be closing and favouring "pop up" Vaccination sites, but they only appear to be helpful if they "pop up" in your area.

It does seem peculiar to me that we don't push on and get the remaining population done, hence my suspicions / speculation that supply is the issue.

Obviously I may be totally wrong and the powers that be know what they are doing.

​​​​​
Old Jun 27th 2021, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

However in England, all adults over 18 are eligible to book their first vaccine. Yesterday, hundreds of pop-up centres all over the country were accepting walk-ins with or without an NHS number, My 27 year old son has just had his second vaccine. I think we are still doing pretty well.
Old Jun 27th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hettyb
However in England, all adults over 18 are eligible to book their first vaccine. Yesterday, hundreds of pop-up centres all over the country were accepting walk-ins with or without an NHS number, My 27 year old son has just had his second vaccine. I think we are still doing pretty well.
Just out of interest Hetty and I appreciate you may not know but I was wondering about those without an NHS number.

How do they keep a record of these people with regard to timing of / contact for the second jab?

Presumably also, some of these people will be undocumented / illegals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.