Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Flying UK - Portugal

Flying UK - Portugal

Old Jun 11th 2021, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying UK - Portugal

Originally Posted by NataHH
Thanks Fergus for your lengthy and very formative post using Ryanair. Has anyone flown to Portugal recently with easyjet? I am really confused with the locator form which has to be completed prior boarding using a link to the DGS website. Can I do it on the PC at home? Do I get a print out which I can give to the check in lady? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if this is what you saw before and referred me to which comes from Easyjet Covid 19 Travel Hub which is being emailed to customers :

All vaccinated and non-vaccinated passengers must complete the electronic "Passenger Locator Card (PLCe)" and must present it upon boarding. Additionally, depending on the destination travelers must complete the following forms:
  • Vaccinated and non-vaccinated passengers arriving at Azores must complete an entry questionnaire that can be found (at https://mysafeazores.com/)
  • Vaccinated and non-vaccinated passengers arriving in Madeira and Porto Santo must register at Madeira Safe. The registration process must be completed in the 48h to 12h prior to boarding. After completing the registration, the passenger receives a notification, via e-mail, with his access code for the madeirasafe.com platform where he/she will find the respective QR Code, to be presented upon arrival at Madeira Airport. The PCR test result can also be submitted in advance on the platform.
It is my understanding that you get a QR code - the same as you do for the UK and for Madeira - which you can scan to a phone when you complete the Portugal PLC but you can't go through the process until 48 hours prior to departure - maybe somebody else can advise. Fergus must have seen what the actual response is when you have completed loading the data.

This is what one of the shark outfits that are charging people to do the leg-work for them on the PLC says on its website:

After you send the request, we’ll forward the Portugal Passenger Locator Card to your email before your trip, so that you can display it to the immigration authorities when you arrive at the airport. We recommend that you print the form.

From other posts on other threads on here - you need to be able to present this completed form to the Easyjet passenger service people at check-in on the UK side or be denied.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 11th 2021 at 11:42 am.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

NataHH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx Pistolpete for your reply. You will be flying before me so I would love to hear about your experience.

This morning they cancelled our flight but fortunately I was able to book the following day 8 July. Flying is becoming really painful and this time we have hold luggage on the top of it. I guess that is online as well grrrr 😰
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Any hope they will also accept the UK version? Fingers crossed.

https://www.portugalresident.com/por...ans-next-week/
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Pistolpete for your reply. You will be flying before me so I would love to hear about your experience.

This morning they cancelled our flight but fortunately I was able to book the following day 8 July. Flying is becoming really painful and this time we have hold luggage on the top of it. I guess that is online as well grrrr 😰
I did notice that Easyjet now have a feature called Hands Free so the larger-sized bags that would normally go in the overhead on Easyjet (not Ryanair which has a slightly smaller size allowance) can now be checked at the Plus Counter for seven pounds. Seemed to make sense to us - we are checking two bags each now. Anything to reduce airport and security stress.

TAP have a sort of Premium Economy deal (glad we got in early) on flights from Porto to Madeira that allows for two checked bags but strangely the same ticket category on the flight from Gatwick to Porto only offers one checked bag as standard. Another reason we deferred to Easyjet for that segment.

Once took a TAP flight (long time ago - B707) from Boston to Santa Maria in the Azores. Could not believe the amount of baggage some PAX were checking - maybe that explains it for Porto/Madeira.

Will be glad to post our missive regarding our overall experience if/when we get to Madeira. Never ever thought we would get to the point where nothing in travel could be taken for granted.

Plan to try for a Portugal-generated EU Covid-19 Vaccine Passport when there to ease travel onwards to Portuguese mainland for France.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 11th 2021 at 1:45 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

You might be ok if you were vaccinated in an EU country because it is linked to their health system.. A got the NHS vaccination passport which looks different to the EU one which is for EU citizen and residents only.

https://www.portugalresident.com/eu-...-it-next-week/
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

From 14 June entry by air into PT is OK with rapid antigen swab test . Cheaper and faster results.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by campos
From 14 June entry by air into PT is OK with rapid antigen swab test . Cheaper and faster results.
Thanks! Can I see where that 'is' please. May be still PCR Test for Madeira so may not help.

Ok - have it:

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...covid-19-tests

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 12th 2021 at 2:19 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

That article was published yesterday but I cannot find any official notification that endorses it. I would have though it would be all over the British media. Strange
Old Jun 12th 2021, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

That article was published yesterday but I cannot find any official notification that endorses it. I would have though it would be all over the British media. Strange
Articles 19, 20 and 21 are the relevant ones for air traffic (20 for the type of tests accepted).

Council of Ministers Resolution 74-A/2021
https://dre.pt/application/conteudo/164955319
Old Jun 13th 2021, 7:59 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Any indication anywhere that the Port Govt. is likely to accept proof of double vaccination as sufficient for entry, ie in lieu of negative Covid test result two days prior to entry ?
The latter is such a faff to sort and I wonder if the former really adds much by way of safeguarding the Portuguese population ?

And as I understand it that is the Spanish Govt. offer : double vacc gets you in ?
Old Jun 13th 2021, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Safe Communities Portugal on Facebook has regular updates on the situation and reported this week that the PT Govt is starting trials with the new EU designed vaccination certificates ready for their proper introduction and use for travel/concerts/workplaces etc from 1st July.
Meanwhile the UK has got a different system going with an NHS App which can show a certification digitally or you can print one out to show physically but I am not sure that EU is going to be accepting that in the same way at the EU one.
A simple card or paper that you receive at the time of vaccination is not sufficient (could perhaps be forged?) and only something official with a QR code would be acceptable.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 9:05 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Well I agree ( having seen them ) that the piece of card you get given on 2nd vaccination would be easily forged . Thus I can understand why it would not be accepted officially.

But i think the App which has the QR code is in a different category for security, ditto the printed out version ( with QR code ) which you can request be sent to you.

I understand the SPanish Govt accepts the latter ?
Old Jun 13th 2021, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update
EU approves restriction-free travel for vaccinated citizens but UK left out : CityAM
Old Jun 13th 2021, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by riv
Well I agree ( having seen them ) that the piece of card you get given on 2nd vaccination would be easily forged . Thus I can understand why it would not be accepted officially.

But i think the App which has the QR code is in a different category for security, ditto the printed out version ( with QR code ) which you can request be sent to you.

I understand the SPanish Govt accepts the latter ?
Which App - the UK NHS App perhaps?
So far in PT you only get a paper card and no reference to an App as far as I know - waiting the EU Cert now in preparation for 1st July
Old Jun 13th 2021, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

I got the NHS vaccination app which you can download. It shows the vaccine type, batch number and date it was administered. It looks different to the EU vaccination app. How it can be incorporated or even accepted by the various countries is anyone's guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.