Flying

Old Oct 28th 2020, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying

Originally Posted by Shanorme
With Ryanair, you could fly on the 29th of November (which is a Sunday) and then fly back on the 6th of December (also a Sunday), quite cheaply.

Thanks for that. Would that give us enough time to get residency though? I'll have a look at that.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flatlndr
I'd focus on flights. I've looked into trains in the past, and it was quite an ordeal, taking the better part of 24 hours.
- link for train option: https://www.seat61.com/Portugal.htm (author starts with "It's easy to reach Portugal by train from London, ...", but compared to flying, it looks like too much hassle to me.

But to add to your list, there is a ferry from the UK to Spain (Bilbao and/or Santander), but it takes about 20 hours.
Thanks. I have looked into that, you can't book as foot passengers, but maybe we could take a small car, our campervan would cost a fortune. Everything depends on the Covid map in th UK and mainland Europe in 4 weeks. From that point of view flying is probably better as there are only two countries involved and no borders to cross.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
Thanks for that. Would that give us enough time to get residency though? I'll have a look at that.
I can only give you my own experience, which was that I went to the Tavira office on the Monday Morning and collected my Right to Residence certificate on the Tuesday. I suppose a lot is going to depend on what documents you already have to hand? Do you have an NIF number or do you need to still apply for one?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can only give you my own experience, which was that I went to the Tavira office on the Monday Morning and collected my Right to Residence certificate on the Tuesday. I suppose a lot is going to depend on what documents you already have to hand? Do you have an NIF number or do you need to still apply for one?
This Monday just gone? Did you have a tenancy agreement? No, I don't have a NIF number, which do I need first?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

You do need an NIF number. I got my lawyer to do it for me, I believe she managed it in a couple of days.

This was my experience:

We have a property in Portugal but to be honest, we didn't provide the deeds to it and they didn't ask. The things they wanted, which did not seem negotiable were the following:

*NIF certificate
*Portuguese bank statement (3 months) with your name on it (ours has our UK address on it) - I think the reason for the statement is to demonstrate monetary flow through the account.
*Invoice with your Portuguese address NIF number and name on it. This is not as complicated as it sounds. Mr Shan used a monthly Vodafone internet invoice and I used an invoice from the Garden Centre. You could literally pop into Leroy Merlin, buy a tape measure and get an invoice with all that detail on it and present it.

We did take proof of employment with but the woman processing our applications didn't even want to look at it.

When you go to the Camara to do your application, make sure you select taxes and licenses on the queue ticket machine because the Right to Residence certificate is viewed as a license.

This is the form we filled in: http://www.cm-tavira.pt/site/sites/d...dadao_UE_0.pdf but I assume the Camara you choose to use will have one buried on their own website. Basically, you are after the:
CERTIFICADO DE REGISTO DE CIDADÃO DA UE

Bear in mind, different Camaras will probably have different interpretations.

We applied a couple of months back.

Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

You do need an NIF number. I got my lawyer to do it for me, I believe she managed it in a couple of days.

This was my experience:

We have a property in Portugal but to be honest, we didn't provide the deeds to it and they didn't ask. The things they wanted, which did not seem negotiable were the following:

*NIF certificate
*Portuguese bank statement (3 months) with your name on it (ours has our UK address on it) - I think the reason for the statement is to demonstrate monetary flow through the account.
*Invoice with your Portuguese address NIF number and name on it. This is not as complicated as it sounds. Mr Shan used a monthly Vodafone internet invoice and I used an invoice from the Garden Centre. You could literally pop into Leroy Merlin, buy a tape measure and get an invoice with all that detail on it and present it.

We did take proof of employment with but the woman processing our applications didn't even want to look at it.

When you go to the Camara to do your application, make sure you select taxes and licenses on the queue ticket machine because the Right to Residence certificate is viewed as a license.

This is the form we filled in: http://www.cm-tavira.pt/site/sites/d...dadao_UE_0.pdf but I assume the Camara you choose to use will have one buried on their own website. Basically, you are after the:
CERTIFICADO DE REGISTO DE CIDADÃO DA UE

Bear in mind, different Camaras will probably have different interpretations.

We applied a couple of months back.
We don't have a Portuguese bank account. End of the road?
Old Oct 29th 2020, 5:07 am
Just Joined

Tash79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bons
Congratulations on the residency. Where did you register? Fingers crossed that your plans for Christmas work out, it will be great.
Sorry for the delay, I hadn’t checked in for a while. It was with Tavira camera, as Sharmone says we had NIF and bank account opened since July (although registered to our U.K. address at the time), with an ‘atestado’ which acted as our proof that we lived where we said we did in Portugal.
If this is what you want, I would encourage you to pursue it! Both NIF and bank account were relatively easy to obtain- NIF via our lawyer within a day and making an appointment with bank manager again opened within that day given you come prepared with the necessary paperwork.
Again, good luck!
Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

As Tash said, research what you need to apply for your NIF & opening a bank account and get organised.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks both. My area has now gone into Tier 2.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Do they check the mask your wearing on a flight to ensure it's effective?
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

I returned to Portugal in September on Ryanair.
Nothing at all was checked at any stage, neither in UK airport, plane or in Portugal.
No one wanted the seat locator paper either.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm gearing myself up to flying before this stupid lockdown begins, I doubt I'll be able to get back easily though. I wonder if I should just book one way?
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

yes i think thats a good idea. If flights into UK are not stopped then planes will continue to fly even if empty, and will be cheap
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Is there a lockodwn right now for a few days in Portugal?
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

As expected, all flights have increased in price and decreased in availabilty. No flights are non-stop, my closest airport has a time of 15 hours to get to Faro.Time to linger around airports picking up the virus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.