Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Driving licence medical - what's involved?

Driving licence medical - what's involved?

Old Oct 16th 2021, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving licence medical - what's involved?

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
Question - can the medical test be done at a local government health centre, or does it have to be done privately?

If it can be done at the local government health centre, do they charge for the service? If so, then how much?
The answer is some do, some don't . I know our local one will not and you do it privately with a registered doctor who then uploads the certificate to the IMT website. Costs about €35,-
Old Oct 17th 2021, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - let me approach my local health centre and see if they would offer the service.
Old Oct 17th 2021, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
The answer is some do, some don't . I know our local one will not and you do it privately with a registered doctor who then uploads the certificate to the IMT website. Costs about €35,-
just had some friends have a medical for this in Lousa central PT,insisted on ECG and Blood test ,10 euro each for ecg and a whopping 50 euro each for blood test then his fee on top of 35 euro OUCH
Old Oct 17th 2021, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
just had some friends have a medical for this in Lousa central PT,insisted on ECG and Blood test ,10 euro each for ecg and a whopping 50 euro each for blood test then his fee on top of 35 euro OUCH
Hmm, sounds dodgy, 50 euro for blood test, really???

I paid 29 euro total for my online test

Old Oct 17th 2021, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Driving licence medical - what's involved?

Originally Posted by Alan PT
Hmm, sounds dodgy, 50 euro for blood test, really???

I paid 29 euro total for my online test
online blood test thats clever
Old Oct 17th 2021, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

online blood test thats clever

Not quite, though it did include an online eyesight check, which was just as silly and pointless as you might imagine
Old Oct 18th 2021, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Was this at a local SNS Health Centre, or perhaps a private clinic the friends normally use? The ECG and blood test cannot be relevant to the routine medical check for driving licence? Surely taking advantage of the visit to the doctor to do routine health screening ... Those look like private fees, and the DL-Medical is charged at 35 euros to include the Medic's fee, so there should not be a consultation fee added.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Was this at a local SNS Health Centre, or perhaps a private clinic the friends normally use? The ECG and blood test cannot be relevant to the routine medical check for driving licence? Surely taking advantage of the visit to the doctor to do routine health screening ... Those look like private fees, and the DL-Medical is charged at 35 euros to include the Medic's fee, so there should not be a consultation fee added.
it was a private clinic as they had hellish problems at Gois health centre,had two appointments booked last december and just sat there to be told we dont know where the doctor is.so when they got back from UK couple of weeks ago the asked me to help them get a private medical as all there other details for licence were in the system with IMT,i went with them in case translation was needed,the doctor is only in this clinic once a month so the appointment was made ,then the receptionist said they would need a ECG and bloodtest two days before appointment,i asked why and the reply was the doctor requires it,i asked for the doctors contact number to ask him directly but they refused to give it to me.