Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Do you have a well?

Do you have a well?

Old May 9th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you have a well?

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
[F Sans MS]According to the papers it's May next year.[/FONT]
I think that what has happened is quite typical of the way Portugal operates, what surprises me most is that they have not kept the deadline and simply imposed fines for those who did not get it done in time. After all the law came out in 2007 and it was well publisied (not).
In fact for those who have lived here for some time what has gone is nothing new. Cast your mind back to the driving licences and how everyone over 50 had to renew their Portuguese licence and again at 60, 65 and 70, or if you were a truck driving the age was 40. The only things was they did not have a lead in time, it had to be done straight away. The system could not cope with it all. Then look at the car road tax, having got a good system in place where you displayed your car tax they changed it to having to obtain car tax when the vehicle was first registered as of 1 Jan 08, but did not tell you about it until Nov 07. The IPO is the same and I am sure there are more.
I am not trying to put a damper on the place, but after a while it gets a bit tiresome.
Joao
Old May 9th 2009, 11:48 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joao
I think that what has happened is quite typical of the way Portugal operates, what surprises me most is that they have not kept the deadline and simply imposed fines for those who did not get it done in time. After all the law came out in 2007 and it was well publisied (not).
In fact for those who have lived here for some time what has gone is nothing new. Cast your mind back to the driving licences and how everyone over 50 had to renew their Portuguese licence and again at 60, 65 and 70, or if you were a truck driving the age was 40. The only things was they did not have a lead in time, it had to be done straight away. The system could not cope with it all. Then look at the car road tax, having got a good system in place where you displayed your car tax they changed it to having to obtain car tax when the vehicle was first registered as of 1 Jan 08, but did not tell you about it until Nov 07. The IPO is the same and I am sure there are more.
I am not trying to put a damper on the place, but after a while it gets a bit tiresome.
Joao
Indeed it does
Old May 15th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Has anyone seen the latest edition of the Resident? In there is a quote from afpop from the ARH in Faro saying the even if you have a licence you still have to go and get a new one as they want to 'uniform' the whole process. Also the documents required to carry out the process are a passport, fiscal number, ownership document and an ordnance survey map (carta militar) which shows the area where the water resource is located.
Thank goodness I live in town!!!!
Is it any surprise then that they have had to extend the application process and do you really think that the older people in the country side who have had a well in the family for generations are going to go through the process? Also those who have only just had a house built, do they have to go through this process again?
Bureaucracy gone mad - but ha ho this is Portugal!
Joao
Old May 15th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

When my gardener went to register his well they told him only the foreigners were bothering!
Old May 15th 2009, 10:59 am
Just Joined

ali bud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hettyb
When my gardener went to register his well they told him only the foreigners were bothering!
your gardener???
Old May 15th 2009, 11:12 am

Stacks of Ports registering when we went (54 times or whatever it was)
Old May 15th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

And mostly Portuguese in Santo Estevao.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:22 am

Personally,I couldn't afford a 25,000 euro fine!
Old May 15th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Personally,I couldn't afford a 25,000 euro fine!
Could have asked an MP to lend it to you.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:05 pm

Yeah,but I might have to dress up and stuff,and do bondage maybe....actually........you are full of good ideas Hettius
Old May 15th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 16th 2009, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Joao
Has anyone seen the latest edition of the Resident? In there is a quote from afpop from the ARH in Faro saying the even if you have a licence you still have to go and get a new one as they want to 'uniform' the whole process. Also the documents required to carry out the process are a passport, fiscal number, ownership document and an ordnance survey map (carta militar) which shows the area where the water resource is located.
Thank goodness I live in town!!!!
Is it any surprise then that they have had to extend the application process and do you really think that the older people in the country side who have had a well in the family for generations are going to go through the process? Also those who have only just had a house built, do they have to go through this process again?
Bureaucracy gone mad - but ha ho this is Portugal!
Joao
2 maps,and the dimensions of the well (4xA4 pages long form to fill in),exact usage of water,ie domestic,irrigation.........endless!!!
Thank goodness we've done it!
Old May 27th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cleri
2 maps,and the dimensions of the well (4xA4 pages long form to fill in),exact usage of water,ie domestic,irrigation.........endless!!!
Thank goodness we've done it!
Off with the neighbours to do ours today. Five households on one borehole - two French, two English, one Portuguese. Should be fun - may never hear from me again!
Old May 27th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Off with the neighbours to do ours today. Five households on one borehole - two French, two English, one Portuguese. Should be fun - may never hear from me again!
GOOD LUCK
You will be ready for wine o'clock , after that
Old May 27th 2009, 8:19 am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.