Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid Booster 2023

Covid Booster 2023

Old Oct 21st 2023, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Booster 2023

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Is the entire history relevant any more?
Maybe not on the face of it, but my query is about how many the SNS records should show.
My latest Covid record shows the latest booster in Oct 2023, it shows the vaccine used and it says its 4/4
But my GPs records (and they are all supposed to be the same) does not show the latest jab, so they keep asking me if I want another.
So I am clear that I have had all jabs over last 3 years and thought that it should now be 5/5 (incl Oct 2023)
But in any event if this all starts up again, and certs are again needed, it might become important that any certificate shows the correct number from the start..
Anyone confirm how many it should show given all jabs have been taken up to this years Oct booster?
Old Oct 21st 2023, 1:57 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look online at what it says on your account in the SNS24 portal?

And did you have any jabs in the UK, as opposed to in PT?

Yes, I've got top marks on my certificate - 5/5
Old Oct 21st 2023, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, I thought I had had 5 with this latest one,
Yes I did have one in the UK, in Oct 21.
That one I got registered with my GP nurse in PT, I remember it well because the UK did not call it Cominarty, but Pizer. So I had to supply the ticket I got from UK that actually said in small letters Cominarty and that was then accepted by the nurse. It was put into the system and it called it a PT jab, the resulting certificate showed the correct jab date and it was at 2/2 at that time.
Have to see if I can get this sorted out for the GP records. But with the current cert showing 4/4 and that last jab in Oct this year, I can see this will be difficult to do.

Checked my NHS app online and it shows 4/4 but that does not include the one done in Oct 2023 cause I have not been back to UK to update the UK record.
But I had informed them of all of the others done in PT, so in effect UK would now show 5/5 when I update them
Old Oct 21st 2023, 5:04 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but have you looked at your PT records on the SNS Portal? There's a section for vaccination history there and if you had 4 jabs in PT and one in the UK which was added to your PT record, it should probably be showing 5 jabs.
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I mentioned earlier that I had looked at SNS24. There, my record shows 4/4. and that includes the jab this month with the Cominarty Omicron xbb 1.5 vacs,
That can only mean that the previous certificate (of course I no longer have) could only have showed 3/3.
But I do have a record of all covid certificates downloaded to my PC.
That shows the last one I downloaded had on it 3/3 and included the last jab received at the time was 30/10/2021

I cant remember if there was any jabs given in 2022??? I am suspecting there were, in which case its that that isn`t listed
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 7:34 am
Polished expat

Originally Posted by wellinever
Yes, I mentioned earlier that I had looked at SNS24. There, my record shows 4/4. and that includes the jab this month with the Cominarty Omicron xbb 1.5 vacs,[...]
Sorry to harp on about this but I think we're at slight cross purposes (unless I'm mis-reading, which is perfectly possible).

When you say you looked at SNS24 and it showed 4/4, do you mean you generated a certificate, or did you sign in and look at Os meus registos / Boletins / Boletim de vacinas and scroll down to Covid-19? It doesn't show in a n/n format there - you get a complete list with dates and the vaccine used. Mine has a blank "card" beween late 2022 and the most recent jab but all 5 that I've had are listed.
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I have simply looked at the certificate shown. There it shows the date of last jab as 2rd Oct 2023 (which is correct, done in a local farmacia) and that I have had 4/4.
So now I have looked at the links you suggested........ermmmmm a different picture emerges.
It shows the following:
09/04/2021 pfizer
07/05/2021 "
30/10/2021 " (done in UK but reg to PT)
21/09/2022 Moderna

So what this does not show is the latest one done on October 2rd 2023, and yet for some reason the certificate clearly states last jab done on 2rd Oct 2023.

Also note that the record for Gripe is not showing the jab I had at same time as last Covid jab in Oct this year.
This looks like the farmacia records have not been sent to SNS (except that the certificate shows my last Covid jab done on 2nd October 2023

Last edited by wellinever; Oct 22nd 2023 at 8:24 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 1:10 pm
Polished expat

Hmmmmm...... *** scratches head ***

My flu vaccination, done at the same time as the Covid on 6th Oct is showing up. In the absence of either in your case it does sound a bit as though there's a lag in updating somewhere.

I assumed the vaccination certificate was querying the same database the vaccine boletins are referencing but that's possibly not the case judging by your scenario. Maybe it'll flush through eventually?
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me too, Red.
Now to make it even more odd.
So this morning I popped off back to the farmacia that did both Oct jabs (gripe and Covid)
I showed them both the covid/gripe record according to SNS24 (as shown attached) and my currently available vacs certificate.
They both appeared somehow to disregard what they were seeing and so looked on THEIR (farmacia) online record of my Vacs. (didnt know there was such a thing)
It shows that according to their records I had had 3 previous jabs, and this one in Oct made 4...so as far as they are concerned I have had ALL the jabs available (ie 4/4)
Now I am sure that like me you have met with `dogmatic` Portuguese before. Both the Doctor, and the farmacia assistant were insistent, despite they could see that the OCT jabs were both missing from the SNS24 report, that the max I could have had was 4.
I came out without wanting to make a scene.
AFter that I looked again at my Android phone SNS24 app, and went to the section ``boletin`.............ah ah.....looking through the immunisation page on there it clearly shows a record of all 5 jabs and the dates. However when looking closely at the numbers the one before last was listed as 4, and so this latest one should have been called 5, but it isnt, its again called 4.
The Gripe of October this year is also NOT showing.
So there would appear to be a difference in the records between the Android app SNS24 and the SNS24 web pages.
Nevertheless the certificate shown on the SNS24app still shows only 4/4