Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Certificates

Covid 19 Certificates

Old Jun 28th 2021, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Covid 19 Certificates

I had the Janssen jab 4 weeks ago, when I tried to access the SNS24 certificate it says "data is not valid or it is not yet possible to obtain certificate" has anyone else experienced this? Could it be too early? I understand it will be the law to have one so keen to get it resolved.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lelandy
I had the Janssen jab 4 weeks ago, when I tried to access the SNS24 certificate it says "data is not valid or it is not yet possible to obtain certificate" has anyone else experienced this? Could it be too early? I understand it will be the law to have one so keen to get it resolved.
We had the Janssen one and applied for the Vacc certificates as soon as they were available online with no problem but that would have been a bit more than the 4 weeks after the jab so perhaps wait a few days and try again.
It remains voluntary (not obligatory in law) to get your certificate (and indeed to get a vaccination done!) but will certainly prove useful in accessing events etc and for travel.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Thanks RA, I must have misunderstood the post from Safe Communities. It is in law but not mandatory?

https://www.safecommunitiesportugal....BP2yaQEv4B3Fas
Old Jun 29th 2021, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lelandy
Thanks RA, I must have misunderstood the post from Safe Communities. It is in law but not mandatory?

https://www.safecommunitiesportugal....BP2yaQEv4B3Fas
In Portugal they have to have a law to Allow certain official activities - some of the wording indicates this, for example
"allows for the identification of COVID-19 patients with symptoms and asymptomatic." and
"In terms of circulation within the national territory, it is established that the presentation of the EU COVID Digital Certificate or proof of a test to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection allows free circulation throughout the national territory, regardless of the validity of rules prevention, containment and mitigation of the COVID-19 disease pandemic in terms of circulation."

So the idea is that things can be legally done which normally would not, such as restricting access to travel or to events, but this is to facilitate life under these exceptional circumstances, but if someone does not want to make these things available to themselves, there is no law to insist that 1. they have the vaccine, 2. they get the Certificate. BUT if they don't, then they have no right to demand access to such events or travel_!
As I understand it all anyway!

Old Jul 1st 2021, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone got the new app available from today for intra-Euro travel? Does the above integrate with it? Any info?
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Lentisc is an unknown quantity at this point

I too received a text on the 1st July (after 8 pm) about bringing forward my inoculation date to the 2nd.of July with a new appointment time ( I nearly missed it) Just a warning though I arrived at the Centre 1/2 hr early for 5 pm I eventually walked out of the centre at 7:45 pm. Just a little note.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 9:57 am
cfs
Forum Regular

cfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody here had a problem with their name on the Portuguese Covid 19 Certificate?

My full name is comprised of: Forename Middlename Surname

On Covid 19 Cert my name appears as:

Surnames: Middlename Surname
Forename: Forename

I contacted Administração Geral de Saúde by email and they told me to go to my local Health Centre to get my name changed to put my middle name in the Forename field instead of the Surname field.

Today I went to the Health Centre and in the SNS system it is just one field for "Full Name", and they said it is the system that creates the Digital Certificate that is parsing the name field incorrectly.

Now I don't know what to do...was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they resolved it
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cfs
Has anybody here had a problem with their name on the Portuguese Covid 19 Certificate?

I contacted Administração Geral de Saúde by email and they told me to go to my local Health Centre to get my name changed to put my middle name in the Forename field instead of the Surname field.

Today I went to the Health Centre and in the SNS system it is just one field for "Full Name", and they said it is the system that creates the Digital Certificate that is parsing the name field incorrectly.

Now I don't know what to do...was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they resolved it
Typical issue with Portuguese usage of two surnames, mother's and father's , similar to Spain . your middle name being used as first surname - would not worry about it.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cfs

Well, they have done exactly the same with both of ours. Not tried to do anything about it so far and as the names are in the same order as appear on lots of other documents, I am not sure I am too worried about it - one look at the passport shows the same names ... I suppose the computer does the names in a reverse order and since it is looking for at least two surnames you get your Andrew or Amelia as the first surname. I wonder how it goes on with complicated surnames like the Dutch with the kind of Van der Somewhere as a surname - and even the Portuguese names such as that military chap who is organising the logistics of the vaccinations with about three surnames and a "de" in the midst !
Old Jul 13th 2021, 7:19 pm
cfs
Forum Regular

cfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for getting back to me, it's good to know it's happening to other people as well, even if it doesn't resolve the situation I know I am not alone. I was just worried in case I ever go to check in for a flight and some jobsworth refuses to accept the certificate, even though I don't have any plans to fly anywhere at the moment.
Maybe as more and more people get certs issued they will realise what's been happening and fix it somehow.
In the meantime I am waiting for my 14 days to be up so I can go and sit inside a restaurant again lol
Old Jul 16th 2021, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cfs

I had my second dose yesterday and already managed to download my certificate, all very efficient, almost unbelievable really

As usual, they have used my middle name as the first part of a double-barrelled PT style surname
I have lost count of the times this has happened in all manner of institutions over the years and have given up trying to correct it

The other one is thinking that a 'UK of GB & N Ireland' passport is an Irish passport ...... I am now Irish in the eyes of the CMD (Chave Digital Móvel), as I think I am since 1996 in the Seg Social
Old Jul 16th 2021, 10:53 am
cfs
Forum Regular

Yeah, I've been flagged as Irish as well, but managed to catch it and get it sorted, I think they just see the "Northern Ireland " part in the British passport and assume it's Republic of Ireland
Old Jul 21st 2021, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

I have had 2 jabs, first in PT second in Wales last week. Just rang up for paper certificate and was told only my first name and surname will be on certificate. I am sure that airports require name to be as passport. That was the case when I travelled back from Portugal last month, name on Covid test had to match passport. Anyone travelled with a Welsh certificate recently?
Old Jul 21st 2021, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morro
I have had 2 jabs, first in PT second in Wales last week. Just rang up for paper certificate and was told only my first name and surname will be on certificate. I am sure that airports require name to be as passport. That was the case when I travelled back from Portugal last month, name on Covid test had to match passport. Anyone travelled with a Welsh certificate recently?
Interesting - how does this work? Don't you need a health number in PT - and so residency - to get the jab here? Same for the UK? just curious.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Is this certificate also valid for travel to UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.