Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Certificates

Covid 19 Certificates

Old Jul 21st 2021, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Certificates

Reply to campos.
Everyone in Portugal can ask for a jab. You do not need a Utente number! Maybe because of Covid! As long as you are in the right age group.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Midgo
Is this certificate also valid for travel to UK?
Not at the moment according to the UK Govt website regulations.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

I was refused a jab as i had no utente number. walked into a gp surgery next day(with passport, nif, and residency) and within 10 minutes had a utente number and vaccinated within the hour and an appointment made for 2nd jab. Very efficient. This will now allow me to go to a PT cinema or a PT city restaurant at weekends (not that I intend to do either) but it does NOT help me traveling back to UK as only UK double vaccinations are recognised in UK...why ?
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the EU and the UK have fallen out for some reason.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Maybe the EU and the UK have fallen out for some reason.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

I think my husband and I are the only ones with this problem. We have been residents since 2008 with Utente numbers. We use private doctors (on the odd occasion) and only used the SNS Health Center once many years ago.

We have been double vaccinated, the second one two weeks ago yesterday. We cannot get a Certificate and we are not recognised in the System.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance,
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
I think my husband and I are the only ones with this problem. We have been residents since 2008 with Utente numbers. We use private doctors (on the odd occasion) and only used the SNS Health Center once many years ago.

We have been double vaccinated, the second one two weeks ago yesterday. We cannot get a Certificate and we are not recognised in the System.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance,
I suggest you go to your local Centro do Saude and check that you are registered there. The SNS numbers you need to download the Covid certificate should be the numbers on your Carte d'Utente.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the above. Take you docs. and Covid jab cards to your doctor's secretary. She will do it for you!
Old Aug 6th 2021, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Thank you BillBullock and morro,

Old Aug 10th 2021, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else had problems accessing their vaccine certificate?

Everything was going swimmingly, the certificate in now available but I have fallen at the final hurdle and cannot open the pdf because it is not recognising my health number as the password.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lou71
Has anyone else had problems accessing their vaccine certificate?

Everything was going swimmingly, the certificate in now available but I have fallen at the final hurdle and cannot open the pdf because it is not recognising my health number as the password.
Try downloading the SNS24 app and using it to access your certificate. If that fails, then there is something wrong with the SNS number you are using and you need to go to your local Centro do Saude to sort it out.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Try downloading the SNS24 app and using it to access your certificate. If that fails, then there is something wrong with the SNS number you are using and you need to go to your local Centro do Saude to sort it out.
Thanks for that, I'm going to do as you suggest and hope it works.

It does seem strange because my SNS number worked right up until the point of accessing the certificate on the pdf.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Be wary of the terminology here, folks. There is an SNS number (issued to us when we got our S1s approved) which is a Social Security number. And then there is the Centro do Saude "Utente" number which the Health service, as in health centres and clinicians use. For the Covid Certs you need the Utente number.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rambling Archer. I'm afraid utente number didn't work.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Be wary of the terminology here, folks. There is an SNS number (issued to us when we got our S1s approved) which is a Social Security number. And then there is the Centro do Saude "Utente" number which the Health service, as in health centres and clinicians use. For the Covid Certs you need the Utente number.
Update - a missuse of wordings here - Correct version
The social security number is the NISS (Número de Identificação da Segurança Social). SNS (Serviço Nacional de Saúde) is the equivalent of the UK's NHS. But the word for the number they will be asking for in the vaccination process is the Utente number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.