Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Condominium Voting

Condominium Voting

Old Nov 6th 2021, 1:36 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condominium Voting

Originally Posted by chislenko
Option not offered.

I am in the process of penning an email to the boss of the company in which I will put across measures which could be implemented to bring him into the 21st century 😉
Good luck!
Old Nov 6th 2021, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Macliam.

In my previous email discussions with the Condo Company the chap is very good at reciting chapter and verse of Portuguese Law that favours his argument but very intransigent to change / implement change that may help myself and other owners in the same boat within our condo.

On that basis I don't hold out much hope and basically mirrors what you have said about the Bureaucracy!
Were you advised of the meeting in accordance with article 1432.1 including agenda?

Were the items which you disagree with voted for by a majority of the invested capital?

If so I guess that's democracy (it's better than the B referendum)!

I've been caught out with a vote for a new item in AOB, not sure how that's covered but wasn't worth arguing.

Last edited by appman999; Nov 6th 2021 at 3:49 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 6th 2021, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Good luck!
Perhaps I'll revise my ambitions and try for the 20th century 😄
Old Nov 6th 2021, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by appman999
Were you advised of the meeting in accordance with article 1432.1 including agenda?

Were the items which you disagree with voted for by a majority of the invested capital?

If so I guess that's democracy (it's better than the B referendum)!

I've been caught out with a vote for a new item in AOB, not sure how that's covered but wasn't worth arguing.
You don't say what the cost was for but it is quite meaty.

Has the manager established the Reserve Fund which is for building upkeep which this might be?
Old Nov 6th 2021, 4:03 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I'll revise my ambitions and try for the 20th century 😄
Now, now - faint heart never won fair condo
Old Nov 12th 2021, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Now, now - faint heart never won fair condo
Mac. I think my rather sarcastic email to the Condo Company about "Forward Thinking Companies" adapting to the situation we have had the past two years has struck a nerve.

Zoom will now be offered at the next meeting 😊
Old Nov 12th 2021, 12:53 pm
Resident Cynic

Mac. I think my rather sarcastic email to the Condo Company about "Forward Thinking Companies" adapting to the situation we have had the past two years has struck a nerve.

Zoom will now be offered at the next meeting 😊
Wow! Result! - I had given up expecting a positive outcome from any contact!

I have a case against a retailer in the Algarve going to judgement next week (after 2 years and more). Basically, I bought something which they failed to deliver, then partially delivered "as a loan" and, much later, they delivered "the rest" under pressure from the arbitrators..... apart from the fact that it wasn't what was ordered! Today, they wrote to the arbitrators making unsupported claims and trying to weasel out of voiding the sale..... even though they contradict what they previously claimed in emails already provided in evidence. I just hope the arbitrators are as fed up with them as I am and I get final judgement - though I doubt they will repay what's owed, unless forced. The customer is always wrong.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow! Result! - I had given up expecting a positive outcome from any contact!

I have a case against a retailer in the Algarve going to judgement next week (after 2 years and more). Basically, I bought something which they failed to deliver, then partially delivered "as a loan" and, much later, they delivered "the rest" under pressure from the arbitrators..... apart from the fact that it wasn't what was ordered! Today, they wrote to the arbitrators making unsupported claims and trying to weasel out of voiding the sale..... even though they contradict what they previously claimed in emails already provided in evidence. I just hope the arbitrators are as fed up with them as I am and I get final judgement - though I doubt they will repay what's owed, unless forced. The customer is always wrong.
Best of luck to you with the case, are you ok with all the legal jargon in Portuguese? I wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid and like a lot of us would "suck it up" and put it down to experience.

Fair play for your perseverance.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 4:10 pm
Resident Cynic

Best of luck to you with the case, are you ok with all the legal jargon in Portuguese? I wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid and like a lot of us would "suck it up" and put it down to experience.

Fair play for your perseverance.
Thanks. We're talking well over a grand here, so the only other option considered is the judicial application of a baseball bat.......

The Centro de Arbitragem exists to deal with consumer complaints (surprise, eh?) and they are prepared to accept submissions in English. Although I speak portuguese, I prefer the onus to be on them to select the right meaning rather than on me to select the right phrase.... so I've conducted the case in english. They have responded in fairly good english, sometimes slipping in to portuguese, which I don't mind at all. I think myself quite lucky to have the option.

The wheels of justice do grind slowly and Covid hasn't helped, but if they can't orchestrate an arbitrated agreement, they have the power to judge the outcome - given to them to avoid such cases having to go through the standard tribunal process. Does it work? I'll let you know.....
Old Jun 11th 2022, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Anglo is an unknown quantity at this point

All owners must be provided a copy of the agenda at least ten days prior to the meeting. Any matters that are intended to be voted on at the meeting must be listed in detail in the agenda, no votes can be taken on any matters not listed.