Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Chave Móvel Digital / Loja Cidadão

Chave Móvel Digital / Loja Cidadão

Old Jun 17th 2021, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chave Móvel Digital / Loja Cidadão

I just decided to call to book at a loja de cidadõ to get my Chave Móvel Digital (with no cartão cidedão presential is the only way)

Wow!!!!
I waited 10 mins on the phone (as estimated)!!
The lady who answered was really helpful, friendly and and polite!!
I got a booking at Pinhal Novo for today in two hours time !!!
She told me all the documents to take!!!!
She laughed when I told her I had just fallen off my chair with surprise at how easy it all was
Within seconds I got confirmation emails!!
Within minutes I got a recorded call asking for feedback marks out of five for usefulness, speed, and politeness of operator - I gave 5 for all

Did I go to sleep and wake up in another country?

amazing!

I think thats why I am still here after 25 years, totally unpredictable so a small victory can become a huge success
And, things are getting better, no doubt about it.

Sorry, but I just had to tell someone!
Old Jun 17th 2021, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chave Móvel Digital / Loja Cidadão

Originally Posted by Midgo
I just decided to call to book at a loja de cidadõ to get my Chave Móvel Digital (with no cartão cidedão presential is the only way)

Wow!!!!
I waited 10 mins on the phone (as estimated)!!
The lady who answered was really helpful, friendly and and polite!!
I got a booking at Pinhal Novo for today in two hours time !!!
She told me all the documents to take!!!!
She laughed when I told her I had just fallen off my chair with surprise at how easy it all was
Within seconds I got confirmation emails!!
Within minutes I got a recorded call asking for feedback marks out of five for usefulness, speed, and politeness of operator - I gave 5 for all

Did I go to sleep and wake up in another country?

amazing!

I think thats why I am still here after 25 years, totally unpredictable so a small victory can become a huge success
And, things are getting better, no doubt about it.

Sorry, but I just had to tell someone!

Good news - thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about small successes becoming something of a thrill 😀
Old Jun 17th 2021, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Chave Móvel Digital / Loja Cidadão

Got to LdC in Pinhal Novo on time at 12:15 pm, waited ten minutes outside then they called me in, a really nice lady saw me and registered all my details and activated my CMD
Old Jun 17th 2021, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ah .....

I just tried to authenticate on the SNS site using my shiny brand new 'CMD' .......

Instead of sending my security code to my phone it sends the following message to my phone,

'Tentativa de autenticação com Chave Móvel Digital sem conta ativa. Ative a sua Chave Móvel Digital em wwww.autenticacao.gov.pt ou num espaço ou Loja do Cidadão'
[Attempted autenticação with Chave Móvel Digital without an active account. Activate your Chave Móvel Digital at wwww.autenticacao.gov.pt ou at a Citizen's space or shop (Loja do Cidadão).]

Which is what I have just done

'All fur coat and no knickers' is a phrase I have come to use a lot since I moved here

But, perhaps it takes a while for the system to implement things, so I'll see if it works later

Anyone else done this?

.... por favor, tente novamente mais tarde
Old Jun 18th 2021, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Still not working, 24 hours on ...

might have to send email

https://www.autenticacao.gov.pt/web/...tas-frequentes
"Fiz o pedido da Chave Móvel Digital, mas agora não consigo fazer a autenticação. O que devo fazer?
No caso de ter dificuldades em se autenticar utilizando a Chave Móvel Digital deverá colocar a sua questão através da caixa de correio: [email protected]."

Old Jun 18th 2021, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sent an email
got an automated response:

Caro(a) Sr. (a),
Estamos a melhorar o atendimento!
Se está a responder a um pedido que está a ser tratado aguarde pela nossa resposta.
Para novos pedidos submeta a sua questão através do formulário disponível em: https://eportugal.gov.pt/contactos
Com os melhores cumprimentos,

i.e. although we told you to send an email, in fact you now have to try to fill in the online form indicated

Or is this a new pedido as in pedido of help, or an existing one as in pedido de CMD?

This is better: confusion, things taking longer than expected, wild goose chase of email / phone calls / letters signed in triplicate authorised by the Pope etc.
Now I feel at home

Last edited by Midgo; Jun 18th 2021 at 11:33 am.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just phoned them
After another ten minutes she told me the process is 'in a state of confirmation' and I have to go back to the Loja de Cidadão
So I asked what has gone wrong since I have followed what was asked of me, so someone must have made a mistake
t'he process is 'in a state of confirmation'
'that's not really helpful to just repaet what you just said, 'what has gone wrong?
I cannot provide more information 'the process is 'in a state of confirmation'

So now I have to rephone, book another appointment with the Loja de cidedão and go back there, probably to hear them tell me that they have done everything properly and that I should send an email, fill in a form and/or phone the number again

By the way, don't even think of trying that number unless your Portuguese is pretty acceptable to navigate the menu

I want to go back home

And its raining - its the only reason for being here is the climate - they havent found a way of f-ing that up yet

What do the Portuguese say about Brazil - excellent country, pity about the people

I'm sorry, but I'm sure some of you who have been here a while will understand, - i need to vent for a while for my sanity

I love it here really, honest

Sod it , I will forget about the CMD for now, again

One day I will do it, when I have more strength to live

Last edited by Midgo; Jun 18th 2021 at 12:08 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

On another subject Midgo, I have been fighting a battle with MEO for the last 2 months to change my package to a cheaper one without the TV. When my June bill arrived for 50 Euros, 20 Euros more than before, I lost my patience and filled in the Livro de Reclamção in my best English, complaining about the inefficiency of MEO. Within an hour, and on a Saturday, I received a call from a nice lady at MEO, apologising for messing me around and promising to sort out their problem. Two days later, I had a revised bill for June and their website now has me registered with the internet plus fixed line phone package for 28.99 Euros per month. One problem solved. Now we have to sort out IMT Faro to get my wife's Portuguese driving license after a 10 month wait. Unfortunately I do seem to be able to complain about the IMT using the online complaints book.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillBullock
On another subject Midgo, I have been fighting a battle with MEO for the last 2 months to change my package to a cheaper one without the TV. When my June bill arrived for 50 Euros, 20 Euros more than before, I lost my patience and filled in the Livro de Reclamção in my best English, complaining about the inefficiency of MEO. Within an hour, and on a Saturday, I received a call from a nice lady at MEO, apologising for messing me around and promising to sort out their problem. Two days later, I had a revised bill for June and their website now has me registered with the internet plus fixed line phone package for 28.99 Euros per month. One problem solved. Now we have to sort out IMT Faro to get my wife's Portuguese driving license after a 10 month wait. Unfortunately I do seem to be able to complain about the IMT using the online complaints book.
Well done for a real result from MEO - they are the worst! my (PT) wife goes absolutely nuts at them on the phone
They keep calling me on my MEO tlm asking to talk to Teresa Sutherland. I say she is on the other mobile in our MEO package and then they ask me if I could please tell them what that number is

I just take the approach of shrugging my shoulders and forgetting about it these days, just not worth the effort.
OMG - I am turning Portuguese

I will just wait a few days and see if my CMD works later

My license swap only took 7 or 8 months - they told me it was the English side that were causing all the delays

Change address on permanent residency 7 months including a couple of weeks phoning between local (Sétubal) and national SEF to try to get one of them to admit it wasnt the other's responsibility to book the appointment to finally pick it up (in the end I gave up and just turned up without appointment and blagged the security guard who got me in)

I wear as a badge of honour the fact that I am still waiting with my 'temporary' document for my cartão de utente from 1996 (in the meantime they have been scrapped for cartão cidadão which we are not eligible for - loophole never to be closed probably)

MEO stuff would take pages to describe

I sold a van in 2004 and filled in the paperwork as I should have done, but the registration was never transferred from my name as I found out a few years ago. No idea how I can take it off my finances as it was scrapped apparently without proper paperwork

etc
etc
etc

It's never boring though, not really knowing what the hell is going to happen next

This from the Portugal Resident didn't even seem strange to me, my mates at home wouldn't believe it was true

€788,000 windfall leads to major headache for unemployed man
By Natasha Donn 14th June 2021

An unemployed Portuguese man has had a terrible time since Social Security mistakenly credited his bank account with €788,000. The amount saw PJ police contacted by the bank (on suspicions that money-laundering was underway) – and the man has been forced to hire a lawyer to represent him in the ensuing ‘criminal investigation’. As the matter is “covered by secrecy of justice”, the sum cannot be returned to Social Security – and the man has been left without the funds he was hoping for to pay his rent…
Old Jun 18th 2021, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately I do [not] seem to be able to complain about the IMT using the online complaints book.
That's because its the state - they are above the law, obviously, derrr!

I love the new law being bandied about to try to stop people in positions of power being able to get rich mysteriously with no justification - but politicians are exempt

Last edited by Midgo; Jun 18th 2021 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm supposed to be retired and enjoying life in the Algarve but I seem to be spending my days battling with authorities. My wife went into the Faro IMT office today to ask about her 10 month wait for her Portuguese license. They were so rude and unhelpful that she was driven to tears. Her Portuguese is far better than mine but she struggled to understand the staff who insisted that they would not speak any English when she got stuck. They even started laughing at her. Apparently the problem is with the DVLA. How many times do we hear this excuse for their inefficiency? Insider information has it that there are boxes of old applications for UK license exchange just sitting in a cupboard and yet recent applications have been executed in as little as 2 weeks.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
I'm supposed to be retired and enjoying life in the Algarve but I seem to be spending my days battling with authorities. My wife went into the Faro IMT office today to ask about her 10 month wait for her Portuguese license. They were so rude and unhelpful that she was driven to tears. Her Portuguese is far better than mine but she struggled to understand the staff who insisted that they would not speak any English when she got stuck. They even started laughing at her. Apparently the problem is with the DVLA. How many times do we hear this excuse for their inefficiency? Insider information has it that there are boxes of old applications for UK license exchange just sitting in a cupboard and yet recent applications have been executed in as little as 2 weeks.
Though it's of no help to you the DVLA are swamped with a vast backlog of stuff to do, covid absences has, apparently, caused issues there so things like my Truck licence which I renewed last year (so old one sent with application) expired 6 months ago with no sign of the new one. There's HMP questions and online petitions as UK licences are used as photo i/d so bank branches (the ones which are not closed) refuse to let people access or start accounts without photo i/d also stuff like hiring a car is buggered. Not saying IMT are the model of efficiency but they may have a point about DVLA.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Done it!!!!!

I had to make a new appointment and go back to the Loja de Cidadão
She made the new one out using my Passport rather than my Cartão de Residência number - maybe that was the problem before? Who knows?

So my CMD now works for the SNS site, which is why I did it mostly (but not for Finances for some reason, but my old NIF / password works there)

So now I can access my online SNS

I wanted to use the online booking for my family doctor as they have never answered the phone in the last 10 years that I have been registered in that particular Centro de Saude
But, apparently I can only book online for family planning advice, which is not my most immediate problem as a 54 year old tired-out dad

Oh well, at least I 'beat the system' and got it done, Yay!

They also read my passport wrong and I am now Irish not 'UK of GB and N Ireland'
I have lost count the number of times that has happened to me over the years
Not going to bother trying to change it, I'll just wait and see when and if it gives me problems in the future
I'm getting more 'native' every day - oh B*gger!
Old Jun 30th 2021, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm getting more 'native' every day - oh B*gger!"

Yes the old dgaf attitude certainly helps keeping the stress levels down 😁