Fiscal address

Old Jun 21st 2021, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fiscal address

Just remembered our fiscal address needs to be changed from UK to PT. Have tried on the Financas website ,but have never received a password from them,so that needs to be sent to our current(UK) fiscal address. Does this have to be done by 30 June or has it been extended to the end of the year. like the fiscal rep etc.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiscal address

30 June is deadline for tax return.
Address change must be notified asap, within 30 days I believe.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Not talking about a tax return. Just about changing our fiscal address to PT. For paying IMI next year.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

The appointment of a fiscal rep has been extended to the 30th June 2022.
https://portaldascomunidades.mne.gov...6zXOdZUVlwPDOM

You have 60 days to notify a change of fiscal address.

Last edited by Bomber Harris; Jun 21st 2021 at 11:59 am. Reason: Added link
Old Jun 21st 2021, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

60 days .. from what date? If I have no password ,I can't access the site. I have just read that any change needs to be done in person.(We are currently in UK) Is that correct? Also want to change to DD.Is that possible? have previously paid by online bank transfer.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
60 days .. from what date? If I have no password ,I can't access the site. I have just read that any change needs to be done in person.(We are currently in UK) Is that correct? Also want to change to DD.Is that possible? have previously paid by online bank transfer.
60 days from when you moved to your new address in Portugal.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

I am in same situation as you. Became resident in dec 2020.
Currently in UK and have asked Accountant in Portugal if they could make a change of address to Portugal in my absence by a visit. They asked me if there was anyone in Portugal that could collect a code that would be sent, so dont really hold much hope that they have fully understood that I am in the UK with a UK fiscal address, despite being resident in Portugal....reminds me I must chase them tomorrow see if they have done anything.......will let you know if they reckon they can do it.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
I am in same situation as you. Became resident in dec 2020.
Currently in UK and have asked Accountant in Portugal if they could make a change of address to Portugal in my absence by a visit. They asked me if there was anyone in Portugal that could collect a code that would be sent, so dont really hold much hope that they have fully understood that I am in the UK with a UK fiscal address, despite being resident in Portugal....reminds me I must chase them tomorrow see if they have done anything.......will let you know if they reckon they can do it.
I recently joined the AT portal thingy and the passcode was sent to my registered address (UK) within about 5 days.

I can now access site from here and do changes. Hope that helps. I also whilst I was at it changed notification protocol to email.

​​​​​
Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
I recently joined the AT portal thingy and the passcode was sent to my registered address (UK) within about 5 days.

I can now access site from here and do changes. Hope that helps. I also whilst I was at it changed notification protocol to email.

​​​​​
Our situations sound different.
I can access my Portal and yes they have my correct email address and Portuguese phone number, but a UK address.
My problem is registering my Portuguese address with Financas, which should have been done before March 2021, but wasn`t., Couldnt get an appointment until end March.
Now back in UK seeing if I can get that done by accountant in Portugal (as resident of Portugal dont need a Fiscal rep), but Portal says you cannot change to Portuguese Fiscal address from Non Portugal one without a personal visit to Financas, which I cannot do cause I am in UK.

I have emailed copies of both residency docs to accountant with passport copy and he is talking with Financas to see if that change of address to a Portugal one can be made without my returning to Portugal to do it in person.
I can take a code in either UK or Portugal as someone has access to my post....waiting now for answer.
Hence my question on another topic about entering Portugal from UK, would I need to be tested before flying given both jabs with a DSG covid vacs certificate.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Found this web page today, looks like this is what I have been looking for, to get my Fiscal address changed to Portugal using online Portal, whilst being in the UK.
Be interesting to see if they will accept my SEF coded document, which has a date of February 2021 on it, rather than the ordinary residence doc which shows a date of december 2020.
Any thoughts?
Maybe will need a Power of Attorney with Portuguese accountant

https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.p...atividade.aspx
Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to change from a Portuguese address to another Portuguese address on the Financas website?
I found my address on the DADOS GERAIS webpage, but couldn't see any way of changing it.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ricko
Is it possible to change from a Portuguese address to another Portuguese address on the Financas website?
I found my address on the DADOS GERAIS webpage, but couldn't see any way of changing it.
Yes you can.
For instructions just Google what you want to do and loads of YouTube videos (Indian) but in English to tell you how to do it
Old Jun 25th 2021, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter if you change your fiscal address later? Since you are in UK you are not technically PT tax resident yet.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Well you have 2 months to change to Portugal tax address after becoming resident, and I became resident in Dec 2020. I dont therefore think that matters where you are physically if you own a property in Portugal, unless I suppose you dont consider it as a main home. But would guess it must be considered as main home if you are a resident, as you have to stay in Portugal for more than 183 days a year to maintain that status.
But its clear that SEF dont talk or share info with the Financas, according to my accountants.
So yes I guess you could have residency, but not change your tax residency, but if you own a property that could be a problem when you come to sell it, when, as a non tax resident you would pay 28% on the capital gain, which can be a big difference if you have a large amount of capital gain and low income.
Although I have heard rumours that Portugal is considering allowing Brits with property in Portugal to have the same option when selling as if resident of Portugal, except no reinvestment in UK.(but I suspect even that for people that had residency before Brexit, might also be on the cards).
Old Jun 26th 2021, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Yes you can.
For instructions just Google what you want to do and loads of YouTube videos (Indian) but in English to tell you how to do it
I was surprised at the number of hits for the search.
This might indicate how important/confusing it is.
I have now tried multiple times, but do not get the option to change address.
I navigate to
Dados Gerais>Os Servicos>Entregar
but there is no option "Alteracao de Morada" in the Pedidos section.

Have I somehow got into the wrong mode - do I need to set up something on the website to be able to get the "Alteracao de Morada" option?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.