Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Changes to licence renewal at 65

Changes to licence renewal at 65

Old Dec 10th 2016, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Changes to licence renewal at 65

As of January I'm told those renewing at 65 will have to do a training course, I would imagine a "refresher". I've not read todays JN newspaper but it's in there.

Revalidar carta aos 65 anos só com formação
Old Dec 10th 2016, 11:43 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to licence renewal at 65

Originally Posted by gedscottish
As of January I'm told those renewing at 65 will have to do a training course, I would imagine a "refresher". I've not read todays JN newspaper but it's in there.

Revalidar carta aos 65 anos só com formação
Shame they don't do more about the "Xico Esperto" who decides to ride on my back bumper if I comply with the speed limit. I won't be rushing to change my UK license any time soon.

Re-validation should only be necessary where there is concern about the subject's ability to drive/reactions, etc. Unfortunately, those who should make such judgements are not trustworthy, so everyone gets hit with the big stick.

As has already been pointed out, revalidation at 65, but retirement pushed beyond that - so people still working will have another hurdle to jump through. It's odd that 65 is not seen as old enough to retire, but old enough to require special sanctions.....