Cars (Again!)

Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cars (Again!)

Originally Posted by jdr
I see you have now moved the goalposts (import) to come in line with legality instead of telling people they could drive a UK car legally if they bought your insurance, and got a Portuguese test certificate.
Now I understand your motivation. You think I give this advice for self gain. Well, you are wrong. When asked I give people the full facts so they can make an informed decision about bringing a UK registered vehicle to Portugal.
Just because I chose to give advice doesn't mean people will insure their car via me. In fact normally price is the governing factor!

I have never said buying insurance locally and getting an IPO Certificate enables you to drive your UK registered car here and flout the Portuguese law.

I have said that it is possible to insure, inspect and tax a UK registered car, within the confines of Portuguese law regarding use of foreign registered vehicles, if needed.

If you read Lei 22-A/2007 you would see that there are indeed errors within the AngloInfo article.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:35 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cars (Again!)

I am now closing this thread.