Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me?

Can anyone help me?

Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Mistyrain will become famous soon enoughMistyrain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can anyone help me?

Ive got the heating on here today So much for the summer!

So, best not to fill the charity shops yet then, I'll sort it out Algarve side I think
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:24 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I regretted getting rid of alot of warm stuff,not easy to replace over here!!!!!
You WILL wear socks and boots etc Im afraid
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Mistyrain will become famous soon enoughMistyrain will become famous soon enough

What about electric blankets? Never ever used them here, central heating is fab here and takes care of that nicely, alllllwwwwaaaaayyyyys used them in the NZ winter though
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:35 pm

oooooo sounds nice!!!!
Trouble here is,central heating,which i had in my Algarve house,was too expensive to use,ie 1 lge bottle gas week at 72 euros
So we used the woodburner,,and bought a couple of oil filled electric rads for the bedroom.
However,if you have a large gas tank and buy in bulk it works out much more reasonable.
Also our fireplace didnt have the blower which circulates warm air,so all in all,we froze.not something im prepared to do again,pre warned and all that,so in my new house,I now know exactly what to do to keep cosy.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:15 pm
Banned

Prodigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant futureProdigal son has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mistyrain
What about electric blankets? Never ever used them here, central heating is fab here and takes care of that nicely, alllllwwwwaaaaayyyyys used them in the NZ winter though
Bom dia Mistyrain!

I think the heating solution will depend a lot on the type of property you live in. Older houses (stone or single brick) are cold in the winter and wood burner for sitting room is ok and radiators for bed rooms are good (we used to put the bed room radiators on half an hour before going to bed and would turn the off before going to sleep). As heating is expensive, electric blankets may not be economical. For newer houses (double brick w/ cavity and double glazing) central heating is probably best.

Boa sorte e ate sempre!..
Old Sep 7th 2007, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Here's another question lol....does anyone know of any good quality butchers or organic butchers? I'm so over supermarket meat!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mistyrain
Here's another question lol....does anyone know of any good quality butchers or organic butchers? I'm so over supermarket meat!
There are dozens and dozens of Talhos you will be spoilt for choice.Portuguese dont buy supermarket meat
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

That's brilliant! Now just to get my head around the different cuts lol!!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

aaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really nice

hi misty rain.
what part of the algarve are you staying and what type of property do you want to live in.
in a place called calico park near vila nova de cacela they rent out small self contained lodges and static impermanent structures for long term holiday and private rental. most are privately owned. you pay the park the rent and they charge you for electric and water seperately which the utilty is in there account its all metered. gas is by bottle. there is a restaurant swimming pool launderette on site. it is around 9 hectares of natural park pine trees green grass very beautiful. check it out on google?
just an option if a problem occurs
hope this helps.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks aaron and jo, it was very kind of you to think of us. We are infact coming to the Algarve next week and have several places to look at. It's been funny, because at first there didn't seem to be ANYWHERE to rent for a reasonable price, but after a heap of digging, I managed to find dozens. If anyone needs help with this feel free to message me and I can pass on some of my contacts.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

aaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really nice

well dont forget to check out the algarve shopping centre!!!fantastic!!open till 12 at night!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

blueeyes2608 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my first post, hoping to move out to portugal soon not sure where exactly yet looking at either tavira or sagres could you tell me wherer roughtly this shopping centre is as we are out visiting there again next week and would like to pay a visit there. many thanks