Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

getaway8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CABANAS GOLF DEVELOPERS DUJA

Yes I can identify with all you have said.. unfortunately! Still we are trying to keep a positive attitude ,though difficult at times. I think we will be doing the same in as far as booking flights are concerened and will hold back until we get some sort of official notification on things.
Thank you for info on renting on phase 1 and will certainly call on you if we need to go over again.
Lets hope the new year brings some positive news.
June P
Old Dec 31st 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by getaway8
June P
I'm sure it will...even the pound has been fighting back against the euro today so maybe ......
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

ptmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

The larger block on Phase 2 (right hand side if going downhill) have the Habitation Licence and completions being arranged.

The smaller block on phase 2 (left hand side)....the Mayor has now told Duja to do the landscaping outside the pool area.They hope then to get the Licence.The Landscapers are on site and hope to finish by end of week.

Once thats done then hopefully the licence will follow.Time will tell,,,the licence has been a few weeks away since last April
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

i have heard today that the painting is finished on phase 3 and that the habit acion licence is hopefull for next week,fingers crossed,maybe soon we can have a residents moving in party! june in bewdley
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi June....lets hope you're right about the painting...the big block on phase 2 took 5 weeks and they only finished last week.

For those who have a mortgage linked to the Euribor (mine is with barclays) it has dropped every day for over 6 weeks and is now 2.5% cheaper..good news with the way the pound is against the euro.

The euribor can be monitored daily at below site....% rate changes every afternoon

http://www.euribor-rates.eu/

Paul in West Heath,Birmingham
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by getaway8
Yes I can identify with all you have said.. unfortunately! Still we are trying to keep a positive attitude ,though difficult at times. I think we will be doing the same in as far as booking flights are concerened and will hold back until we get some sort of official notification on things.
Thank you for info on renting on phase 1 and will certainly call on you if we need to go over again.
June P
Heard of someone signing again today...lets hope its starting to happen
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road

Interesting Reading.................anybody know Arcos...............it is stunning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/...ent-Spain.html
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ears332205
Interesting Reading.................anybody know Arcos...............it is stunning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/...ent-Spain.html
yet another positive for the Cabanas project...fingers crossed its all starting to happen
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by encodeme
yet another positive for the Cabanas project...fingers crossed its all starting to happen
I do really hope that things start to take off soon.............I think it is a fantastic developement and excellent quality
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

DazW is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had confirmation from my solicitor that Duja want to exchange on 9th Feb... Finally! I have an apartment on Golf II, has anyone else completed yet and do you think it is worth while snagging the apartment before signing? Also any recommendations for mortage would be handy, after all this time waiting now they have caught me not quite ready!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

We are on phase 2..the smaller block over the road.Habitation Licence shortly .
We have a mortgage with Barclays..euribor + 0.75%.....making a very good rate of about 3.4%...very good deal.If they want to complete on the 9th Feb you'll have to move fast....by now you should have your fiscal number and a current account.Barclays ask for quite a lot of documentation before they approve any mortgage...if you get all sorted by 9th Feb you will have done amazingly well.
Best of luck
Paul in Brum
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

I think as you need to arrange your mortgage it would pay to snag the apartment while you are waiting,when we were their last we made a list of things nothing major but the grouting in various rooms needed redoing etc,

anyone tell us the best place to purchase a shower cubicle from, reasonably local ?

Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

wotton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I'm on golf 2 in the L shaped block, sounds like things are finally moving to a conclusion. Lost a bit of interest with the whole thing but hopefully now i'll get into it again. Is it worth booking flights for end of May ? don't forget past history
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

The only flights that I have booked this year is October,,,MUSt have a sporting chance for then.We are in the L shaped block,,,1st floor directly over the pool .Our block has been completely re-painted and now is the same colour as phase 1.Duja are yet again arranging another inspection with the Town Hall to try and get the habitation licence....I was there in October and everything is completed......not a worker in site,Looks great,,all the more frustrating that they cannot get the licence.They have the habitation licence on the other apartments on phase 2 so ours cannot be that far away....???. What is your apartment lot number ?
We will be visiitng Portugal once signed for and we have got the gas,electric and water on....I think that March is realistic
Paul M
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that work has started on the beach 2 project a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone anything similar or seen any signs of activity. It is now 10 months since the project should have been finished.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.