Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Burglaries, warning

Burglaries, warning

Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:44 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burglaries, warning

Originally Posted by masterbaits

Shoot lower legs of first intruder to come through locked bedroom door thus legs shattered , but if he is holding a gun then chest shot , now he makes a pile at choke point , use second gun on any further accomplices to lower reload time if its a over under.If the others havent left already , usually with a retreating trail of the brown stuff , then they have guns too - shoot to kill now pretty much legal defence after the first shot , chest shots only move position after any misses.Do not attempt to give aid to survivors , never run after them firing , or to be tempted to finish them off and/or torture them(leave something for the gnr to do) .Never attempt to tie them up , or approach nearer than a body length from edge of shotgun barrel , even if you think its safe enough to do so then unless your trained how to then just dont....
Masterbaits 'chats' with a cold-calling Jehova's Witness.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:14 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Masterbaits 'chats' with a cold-calling Jehova's Witness.
http://goingconcern.com/_old/2009/10...mb-325x285.jpg

I'm thinking of hiring 2 x 6ft 6 toned,muscled,scantily clad ,Adonis- like security guards...Mr C isn't keen
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Squidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really nice

Originally Posted by jel31
OMG, just came home to this!..

What should I do???
Sell up like next door.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Bloakey is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=derbyflan;8298265]Masterbaits 'chats' with a cold-calling Jehova's Witness.
<snip>QUOTE]

What is the similarity between Jill Dando's Assassin and a Jehova's Witness?

They both hang around your doorstep and do your head in"
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Bloakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jel31
OMG, just came home to this!..

What should I do???
Gas yourself and that would obviate the need for the middle man.
By the time the gas bill is paid you would have been robbed of all your goods and chattels anyway. Given the cost of gas here, perhaps it might be best to do it when the family allowance has been paid or on Giro day
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

twinlake is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we have all had amusement from this and maybe we should now ask how serious is the original problem. This site is making out that Portugal is not a safe palce to live more so than anywhere else. Can anyone now back up my original statement that concerning this topic is it being over exagerated or should we really not sleep relaxed in our beds. I am sure we would all like the true extent of this problem.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

I've never mentioned the whole of Portugal or the whole of the Algarve, we are currently having a major spate of burglaries around the Praia da Luz area. They are not made up, hearing about friends of friends, business owners, etc.

I never started the thread to scare people off Portugal I started it to warn people in my area that there were some opportunists around and since I started the thread there have been many, many more burglaries HERE.

Doesn't hurt to be aware and shut shutters at night etc.

There have been reports on tv and in papers about violent attacks around Loule/Albufeira but for all I know that may happen all the time here same as in the UK.

G

Last edited by Supremegermalene; Jan 31st 2010 at 8:32 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

peemgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - as I've said before,I'm not scaremongering but these gangs started in the hills above the southern Spanish coast and have been moving westward at a rate of knots. Should you wish to look it up it's well documented. With a bit of luck, if they keep on moving in the same direction they will eventually fall into the oceon...or if they are reasonable swimmers ... look out Rhode Island
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Here you go, if you can read Portuguese

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/noticia.as...0-000000000010

This covers the violent robberies, 7 since September in the Loule region, targeting expats.

Says they are hard to catch as they keep moving between Spain and Portugal.

Oh and this http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?ID=35633 can't believe they came back!!
G

Last edited by Supremegermalene; Jan 31st 2010 at 8:49 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

He mentions in his article that there were 23,000 robberies in UK. That is high, but considering there are 65 million plus people in UK compared with Portugal where there are 11 million, then really he should work it out as a percentage
Joao
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:45 pm
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri

I'm thinking of hiring 2 x 6ft 6 toned,muscled,scantily clad ,Adonis- like security guards...Mr C isn't keen
That describes me and my mate Bruno to a tee
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:49 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by max0603
That describes me and my mate Bruno to a tee
Pm me your rates
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

peemgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Joao

I understand your post but, we are not talking of the entire UK. Why not equate this with the Brighton / Worthing area of the UK
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

masterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to all

Originally Posted by peemgee
Joao

I understand your post but, we are not talking of the entire UK. Why not equate this with the Brighton / Worthing area of the UK
Was going to say the same thing , and in the off season just how many people in the algarve then?What we dont get much of in the uk is this kind of burglary , or even more so that its always against expats.

There must be a common link here , i mean other than the obvious thats it appears to be expats...how about similar suppliers of services , builders , groundsmen , estate agents , bank workers checking accounts or postmen checking bank statements or even salesmen of alarms?

Whats next for the gnr and the press , blaming the gypsies?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

A lot of the victims in the Luz area (not the violent robberies around Loule) have been either very well off expats, I say well off - for example a Porsche has been stolen and larger houses targeted - and two of the other ones I know of were restaurant owners, restaurants that have been open out of season so they know takings will probably be in the house.

In the summer season it's typical for the maids to tip people off if they see money and jewellery lying around. My MIL was a cleaner and if I stayed in certain houses she'd warn me if she knew the maids were dodgy.

Groundsmen/gardeners tend to be directly employed by owners and are desperate for the work, I would have thought they'd look after their own.

Same goes for a lot of the other trades, most rely on word of mouth and are small 1 or 2 men companies however just like you get rogue traders in the UK there must be some here too.
G

Last edited by Supremegermalene; Jan 31st 2010 at 11:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.