Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Burglaries, warning

Burglaries, warning

Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Default Burglaries, warning

Hi, I have no idea of the truth in this but if it is true best to be forewarned.

There has been another burglary in Almadena near Lagos, apparently loads around at the moment, and I've been told that it is occupied houses being targeted and that the burglars are going round and spraying a spot on the houses they are going to target. I've been told it's a blue spot but I'm sure it could be any old colour.

As I said, not sure if the spot thing is true but best to check your house! (not sure what you should do if there is one though! )

G
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:50 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Re: Burglaries, warning

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
occupied houses being targeted and that the burglars are going round and spraying a spot on the houses they are going to target.
G
This sees a little obvious to be true
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burglaries, warning

Originally Posted by scott909
This sees a little obvious to be true
Same thing happens here.........sadly............usually those people from the east of europe
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:43 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Hi, I have no idea of the truth in this but if it is true best to be forewarned.

There has been another burglary in Almadena near Lagos, apparently loads around at the moment, and I've been told that it is occupied houses being targeted and that the burglars are going round and spraying a spot on the houses they are going to target. I've been told it's a blue spot but I'm sure it could be any old colour.

As I said, not sure if the spot thing is true but best to check your house! (not sure what you should do if there is one though! )

G

Buy a can of paint the same colour as your house and spray over the spot!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

firstgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately there are reports of violent robberies/burglaries in the resident each week now.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

sells papers!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:47 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redflag
sells papers!
No happens!, another one in Luz this week.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Really? Do you know where abouts?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:05 pm
Banned

spaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant future

G
Same here in Spain. just they make a symbol mark in chalk instead
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gazz
No happens!, another one in Luz this week.
Of course it happens, but its not as bad as its made out to be

yes there are bad cases, but most of it is petty crime

it sells papers. if it did'nt they would'nt report it

read the trash tabloids and live in fear and blame immigrants for all our problems!!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

I guess how bad it is all depends on what you're used to, we didn't get a burglary a week in my old town, so I'm quite shocked.

G
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

firstgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess how bad it is all depends on what you're used to, we didn't get a burglary a week in my old town
Exactly.

Reporting it makes people aware of what's going on now, not how things were.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:26 am
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute

Burglaries happen all over the place, it's not any worse than the UK though. Good security goes a long way to prevent it. Get a beware of dog sign, leave a radio and light on timers and leave an old pair of shoes outside the front door etc. Most burglars won't risk confrontation, they will move on to an easier target.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Well said Max

Be aware and live in fear.........its about selling papers
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's not about selling papers, all the burglaries I know about are because I know people who know the people it's happened to, I don't read papers. It might be fine if you are in a rural area but obviously my area is a real target at the moment. I've now been told of 5 burglaries in the last two weeks all within a mile radius.

Nothing wrong with warning people of their methods, I have no idea if that's been reported on and I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't told me.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.